Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 On the Road Again 
    Halfway through our PCS move from FT Hood to FT Belvior (by way of Arlington). Some observations:

• Travelling with two kids and two cats is not an order of magnitude tougher than travelling with one kid and one cat. However, the space requirements do expand considerably.
    • The total stress level in the car appears to be a constant. If I am calm, Mrs. O is looking for a fight, or one of the kids is having a meltdown. This may be related to Boyle's Law.
    • The inventor of the air conditioner should have his own national holiday.
    • So should the inventer of the car-battery powered DVD player. Especially since we have one that splits into two units, so that each kid can watch her own movie without having to argue over the choice.
    • Disney does a much better job of just about everything than Universal does, in terms of theme parks. The Harry Potter section of Universal Orlando highlights how badly Universal can screw up a great idea.
    • A van moving down a highway at 70 MPH drops an inflatable mattress from the roof rack. How many miles past the point of ejection is it no longer worth going back to try to retrieve the shredded mattress?
    • Our route takes us through TX, LA, AL, MS, FL, GA, SC, NC and VA. In all of those states, there is only one Democratic governor. We will be extra careful going through North Carolina.
    • The average velocity of an unladen swallow is 22 meters per second. The windshield of our minivan is a lot faster than that swallow. A lot harder, too.
    • McDonald's does a superb job of marketing to kids. Trying to get my three-year-old to eat Wendy's chicken nuggets (or whatever they are called) instead of McDonald's is tougher than waterboarding a terrorist.
    • Quite a few recognizeable Muslim families (women covered in chadors, but no niqabs, men with beards but short hair) at the Orlando theme parks. None of the Muslim women wore anything that could be characterized as cheerful or humorous. No mouse ears, Disney buttons or the like, just the black or white head coverings and full-body outfits. Some of the men wore park t-shirts, but again, nothing really whimsical.
    • The It's a Small World ride seems to be the source of most liberals' view of international relations. I cannot exaggerate how syrupy and sentimental it is. Its presentation of a collection of identical animatronic puppets whose only differences are cliched ethnic clothing is the embodyment of the skin-deep diversity that leftists love. The song sucks, too.

It's a world of garbage
      a world of s#/+
      and you'll soon be up to your neck in it.
      The UN is a sham
      and the greens are a scam
      it's a small world after all...

More to follow.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

So that's where you've been, having fun!:eek:
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

What Universal lacks for environment, it makes up for in SPADES as a workplace. I have worked at both and Universal was the best workplace of the two. Disney was an impersonal factory; and its union, too.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry...:eek:

Hope Christy Brinkley shows up at your pool....:D
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I don't know whether to laugh or cry...:eek:

Hope Christy Brinkley shows up at your pool....:D
    She is 57, if you're going to lust after a model pick something a little firmer!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    She is 57, if you're going to lust after a model pick something a little firmer!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn6uqwSjDjY

THIS Christy Brinkley...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    All your training must come into play for an "event" like this. :eek:

Thanks for the update!!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

mine would look like this

Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Aww, man, Ody. When I took 3 kids to Niagara Falls I thought I was going to waterboard one of them before we got to the hotel. Good luck!

My sister's kids have those battery-operated DVD players. She swears by them as the best method for keeping peace in the car, until the younger one broke hers.

As I live in an area with a lot of muslims, seeing the women in the whole garb doesn't really shock me. I'm impressed by the woman at the pool who has sewn her own full-length swimsuit and hijab our of swimsuit material. No leaving her on the sidelines while her husband and kids swim! Incidentally, she has a teeanged daughter who is past the cover-up age. The daughter wears a modest swimsuit, but one that is more along the lines of something you'd see a modest mormon or hassidic jewish woman wear (20's-style), with bare lower arms and legs, and no hijab.

Are you going to South of Border? I love roadside america, and someday I plan to visit that over-sized truck stop/kitsch factory.