Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    LTC Ody,

This is precisely what PCS awards are about. It's not what you did but what you are about to endure.

My sagely advice:
    * Don't engage the angry wife. You can show up at your destination either inwardly angry at her and her stupid female tricks or you can show up just as angry with a hostile wife. This is why God created beer.

* The swallow thing is a tough one. Had you the foresight, you could have easily avoided this tragic encounter and saved the airmattress by simply attaching it to your windshield. You would have instantly observed its flight and cushioned the swallow's last flight. You failed in that COA thereby costing the life of an innocent swallow and an expensive air mattress. Incidentally, was this an African or Asian swallow?
    * As for the kids in meltdown, another failure on your part if you'll allow??? You sir should know that to have as your plan, calm kids sans sugar is not a valid plan. No Sir! Here is the strategy:

30 minutes before departure, feed the young ones as many Snicker's bars just shy of the vomit button. When they are nearing the Hypoglycemic stage of coma, depart. They should be out for a few hours until the poop button is triggered. (It is imperative that you monitor the poop pressure gauge to coincide with your next bathroom break. Poor timing and failure at this juncture will trigger angry wife syndrome and permanent noxious odors).
    Candy, coke, and ice cream are your friends. The spousal unit will not understand this so I suggest waiting until she is distracted.

I must say I am a little concerned over the Muslims at the Evil, Imperialistic, decadent American Theme parks. Are you sure they were not advance scouts plotting the destruction of this, the very decadence they despise?

Please keep us updated on your adventure. We kinda miss you around here.:D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

When you pass by Ft. Bragg, look me up.

rm -rf obama*

Ft Bragg? Maybe you can look in on my house for me sometime???
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Ft Bragg? Maybe you can look in on my house for me sometime???
    Well, I avoid Fayettenam as much as possible, but PM me the info, and I'll be glad to help out anyway I can.

rm -rf obama*

I feel your pain. I did a 10 hour drive from Palm Beach to North Georgia on Saturday. Actually, make that 12 since we halted somewhere in Central Florida due to a fatality for 2 hours. Apparently, it's difficult to get a coroner out there at 3am. We are just grateful that we made it up here alive.

My 2 year old is a champ. She didn't complain for the entire commute. I'm in awe of her. My elderly parents, are another story...but it wasn't too bad.

I love Georgia and I'm having a great time now. I'm using someone else's internet service...this is the first I've been online since we got here. Hopefully I won't get kicked off.:D

A travel song for you......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxww...eature=related

You will always be honorary Texans.
    We will miss you LTC Ody & family. :(

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    dude, try it with 3 kids in one truck with no dvd
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Are you going to South of Border? I love roadside america, and someday I plan to visit that over-sized truck stop/kitsch factory.
    I'd like to. I've got fond memories of stopping there with my folks several times as a kid, but Mrs. O tends to veto those kinds of stops. Maybe if I tell her about the margaritias...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    LTC Ody,

This is precisely what PCS awards are about. It's not what you did but what you are about to endure.

My sagely advice:
    * Don't engage the angry wife. You can show up at your destination either inwardly angry at her and her stupid female tricks or you can show up just as angry with a hostile wife. This is why God created beer.

* The swallow thing is a tough one. Had you the foresight, you could have easily avoided this tragic encounter and saved the airmattress by simply attaching it to your windshield. You would have instantly observed its flight and cushioned the swallow's last flight. You failed in that COA thereby costing the life of an innocent swallow and an expensive air mattress. Incidentally, was this an African or Asian swallow?
    * As for the kids in meltdown, another failure on your part if you'll allow??? You sir should know that to have as your plan, calm kids sans sugar is not a valid plan. No Sir! Here is the strategy:

30 minutes before departure, feed the young ones as many Snicker's bars just shy of the vomit button. When they are nearing the Hypoglycemic stage of coma, depart. They should be out for a few hours until the poop button is triggered. (It is imperative that you monitor the poop pressure gauge to coincide with your next bathroom break. Poor timing and failure at this juncture will trigger angry wife syndrome and permanent noxious odors).
    Candy, coke, and ice cream are your friends. The spousal unit will not understand this so I suggest waiting until she is distracted.

I must say I am a little concerned over the Muslims at the Evil, Imperialistic, decadent American Theme parks. Are you sure they were not advance scouts plotting the destruction of this, the very decadence they despise?

Please keep us updated on your adventure. We kinda miss you around here.:D
    I couldn't get a good look at the swallow, as the coconut that it was carrying obscured it before it hit. The Muslims simply confound me. The men walked around looking pretty dour, as if all of this decadence was beneath them, while the women seemed indifferent to everything but their kids, who were having fun. My guess is that they are doting on their children, who are too young for the jihad. Either that, or they are inculcating a hatred of western culture by making them stand in the sun for hours at a time while waiting to ride on Dumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    When you pass by Ft. Bragg, look me up.
    That will be tomorrow night. We're staying in Fayetteville, since the pet-friendly lodging at Bragg is kind of nasty. I'll PM my cell number to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I feel your pain. I did a 10 hour drive from Palm Beach to North Georgia on Saturday. Actually, make that 12 since we halted somewhere in Central Florida due to a fatality for 2 hours. Apparently, it's difficult to get a coroner out there at 3am. We are just grateful that we made it up here alive.

My 2 year old is a champ. She didn't complain for the entire commute. I'm in awe of her. My elderly parents, are another story...but it wasn't too bad.

I love Georgia and I'm having a great time now. I'm using someone else's internet service...this is the first I've been online since we got here. Hopefully I won't get kicked off.:D
    We'll be passing you sometime tomorrow. Wave when you see a Honda Odyssey with one air-mattress bungied to the roof rails go by. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    A travel song for you......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioxww...eature=related

You will always be honorary Texans.
    We will miss you LTC Ody & family. :(
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    dude, try it with 3 kids in one truck with no dvd
    Aw maaaaaaaannn... >sniff<
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

No one knows your perils more than I. With the exception of children, my wife and I have moved across country twice. 1 cat going and 3 coming back. Finding pet friendly lodging is tough. Best of luck to you.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.