1. #1 DUmmies Twisted View on Abortion 
    Waya Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sat Sep-06-08 12:18 PM
    Original message

So, I got this rabid moron in my Group and I'm asking this question:

'I was watching the RNC - and something I noticed: They speak alot about 'choice'. They say we, the people, should be able to choose more things for ourselves and Government should be smaller and stay out of people's lives more. Government should make less decisions for people, not more......

But when it comes to the right to choose (whether to have an abortion or not) then all of a sudden the Government is qualified and entitled to make that decision for us - how come?'

Moron's answer:

For the same reason they don't think it is appropriate for parents to make the "choice" to kill their 3 day old child or their 2 month old child or their 21-yr old child, or the neighbor. In other words, your right to choose ends where someone else's rights begin, and in the conservative view, those right should begin at conception.

My reply to this little pearl of wisdom:

Then what about the rights of the Mother? The Woman who has conceived? Her rights do not matter? Don't the rights of the potential Life (and potential is all it is) end where her rights begin? We can go in circles all you like but if you want to go that far - what constitutes life? If you have an infection and take Antibiotics - have you killed Life? Of course, you have. Bacteria, Viruses, etc - it all falls under the category of Life. What gives you the right to kill it just so you can feel better and be healthy?

You may see this as nonsense - but it is you that has this stance that the only rights that count are those of a potential Life, and to hell with the rights of established Life.
    So, prove that the rights of a single cell at Conception are more relevant than the rights of, say, the type A Streptococcus Bacterium that plants itself into your pharynx and makes you miserable - to say nothing of the rights of the woman whose womb this single cell chose to implant itself in.

I know he will come back with something twisted, he has a track record of that
    - so any advice to hit him good?
    The OP refers to a fetus as a "single cell (that) chose to implant itself" in a woman -- as if a fetus is an alien invader from outer space and the woman has absolutely nothing to do with it's implantation. Then she accuses the pro-lifer of being "twisted".

LINK: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3937305

Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    The OP refers to a fetus as a "single cell (that) chose to implant itself" in a woman -- as if a fetus is an alien invader from outer space and the woman has absolutely nothing to do with it's implantation. Then she accuses the pro-lifer of being "twisted".

LINK: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3937305

Chose? How could a single cell (which is also incorrect) CHOOSE anything? No wonder the pro-murder group have so much trouble with the scientific facts of conception and development.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

opihimoimoi (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-06-08 01:23 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. Since ROE....40 000 000 abortions....supposed they all lived instead, had children
    Our Nation of 280,000,000 would now be around 330,000,000....roughly 50,000,000 More.

Our Population cannot withstand continued growth...tis folly, sooner or later we run out of food/space/water/energy.

Now, how many illegal aliens are in the US? Somehow, they all have food/space/water/energy. But our own children...nah, no room for them.

treestar (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-06-08 02:18 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    18. that would be OK, because most of them would be white

I really think that's what is at the bottom of it when it comes to most anti-choicers. They tend to be the same people who are screaming about the presence of all those brown people here illegally. We need them here, don't we, since we're missing those aborted? No, they don't seem to see the logic in that - or pretend they don't.

I guess treestar has missed the fact that a large percentage of those babies are black...and all us "screaming" people are well aware of that and would have greatly preferred to see those children born alive, also. If nothing else, at least they wouldn't begin their time in America by breaking our laws.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Ah, yes.........the desperation of the equivalence declaration. The fertilized embryo is the same as a virus or bacteria........

It's also the same as unfertilized sperm or ovum...............

And a spontaneous abortion is the same as a planned man made abortion.

They have really sunk low when the "rights of a woman" who CHOSE to have sex, perhaps even unprotected sex and who VERY VERY RARELY will suffer problems with her life or her physical health trump the life of an innocent unborn child who had NO CHOICE in the decisions its parents made.

My reply to this little pearl of wisdom:

Then what about the rights of the Mother? The Woman who has conceived? Her rights do not matter? Don't the rights of the potential Life (and potential is all it is) end where her rights begin? We can go in circles all you like but if you want to go that far - what constitutes life? If you have an infection and take Antibiotics - have you killed Life? Of course, you have. Bacteria, Viruses, etc - it all falls under the category of Life. What gives you the right to kill it just so you can feel better and be healthy?
    What about the woman's right to make a choice a lttle further up stream before the child is conceived? They never talk about those choices. The choice to abstain or to use contraception. The right to murder crowd seem to forget that an abortion is the last choice in a long line of choices that, had one of them be made properly, then the choice to murder wouldn't have been necessary. "I've made a series of bad choices so I'm going to fix that with another bad choice." That makes absolutely no sense to me.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis