1. #1 Bacon Wrapped Country Pork Ribs 
    I had some country ribs defrosted and my son-in-law stopped by and brought me 3 lbs of bacon! So I said Hmmmmmm, pork and bacon....this could be good!:D

Ingredients

1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

2 teaspoons onion powder

2 teaapoons garlic powder

2 teaspoons ground cumin

8 slices thick cut pepper bacon

8 pieces country style pork ribs, trimmed of excess fat

1/4 cup flour

1/4 cup vegetable oil Okay I'llstop it right here!
    The below glaze probably would be good but I didn't have cherries! But I did have 3 apples and some pineapple juice , so I substituted them for the cherries and cherry juice. Hey, Apple and pineapple goes with pork! :D

1-16 oz. bag frozen cherries, thawed

1 1/2 cups 100% cherry juice

1 cup chicken stock

1 tablespoon ancho chile powder

1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

1 teaspoon kosher salt

2 teaspoons cornstarch

1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves, chopped

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. Mix together the pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.

3. Wind one strip of bacon around each pork rib from top to bottom and secure with a toothpick

4. Sprinkle the meat well with the seasoning blend and dust with the all purpose flour, coating well

5. Pour half of the vegetable oil into a 14 inch stainless steel skillet and place over medium heat

6. Lightly brown half of the meat at a time, turning to evenly brown. Remove ribs to drain on paper toweling. Add more of the oil if needed and brown the remaining meat.

7. Drain remaining oil from skillet after meat has browned and wipe skillet out. Once skillet is cooled, add the meat back into it, removing the picks.

8. Cover the skillet with foil wrap and place in oven for 45 minutes.

9. Meanwhile, add half of the cherries into a blender with the cherry juice, chicken stock, ancho chile powder, red pepper flakes and cornstarch. Puree contents then pour into a medium saucepan.

10. Bring saucepan to a simmer for ten minutes or until thickened. Coarsely chop remaining cherries, adding to sauce.

11. After 45 minutes, remove ribs from oven and drain any liquid.

12. Spoon half of the glaze over the ribs. Return the skillet to oven, uncovered for another 30 minutes.

13. Remove ribs from oven and add to a serving platter. Spoon remaining sauce over the ribs, then garnish with cilantro.

Lotta piggy here!

Fixin to cook!

As you can tell a few are missing!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

I dare you to email that to the White House. I double dare ya! :D
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I dare you to email that to the White House. I double dare ya! :D
    Ha! The Wookie would chow down and bite your hand off if it was too close!:D

BTW you should read The Obama Diaries by Laura Ingraham to see how The 1st lady(cough) eats!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    Email the pics to CAIR.

:D

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

BTW you should read The Obama Diaries by Laura Ingraham to see how The 1st lady(cough) eats!
    I will read that, but empirical evidence (i.e. photos, news stories) clearly lays her/their hypocrisy bare. Michele Obama has the Antoinette-esque attitude, but says "Don't let them eat cake, it's mine!"
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 07-11-2011 at 11:13 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

I wouldn't try to take a rib away from her without chainmail gloves.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg