Thread: Rep. Ron Paul Won't Seek Congressional Seat in 2012

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    Yes there is. Just because we wouldn't be fighting everyones wars doesn't mean we'd stop trade.
    Your simplistic view of the matter just doesn't work.

We weren't fighting anyones wars when the WTC was hit. Nor the USS Cole.

Simply having that power that our money grants us makes us targets.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Your simplistic view of the matter just doesn't work.

We weren't fighting anyones wars when the WTC was hit. Nor the USS Cole.

Simply having that power that our money grants us makes us targets.
    And when someone does attack us, we come down hard on their asses. And then LEAVE, not leave our troops for an indefinate amount of time. Neutrality isn't turning the other cheek. We just don't join in anyone elses wars.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

And when someone does attack us, we come down hard on their asses. And then LEAVE, not leave our troops for an indefinate amount of time. Neutrality isn't turning the other cheek. We just don't join in anyone elses wars.
    Because bombing a nation even further into the stone age, and then just leaving will make everything better.

Take a look at what happened to Germany after WW1. Destroyed their country, demanded recompense, while imposing restrictions on them that would not allow them to rebuild, and then just walked away.

20 years later we got Nazi Germany.

Now, take a look at what happened when we instituted some nation building practices. After WW2, we stuck it out with Germany and Japan, after flat out crushing their countries. Instituted some nation building, and things worked themselves out.

History kid. Read it. Learn from it. Nuetrality doesn't work for us. It never has, and it never will.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Because bombing a nation even further into the stone age, and then just leaving will make everything better.

Take a look at what happened to Germany after WW1. Destroyed their country, demanded recompense, while imposing restrictions on them that would not allow them to rebuild, and then just walked away.

20 years later we got Nazi Germany.

Now, take a look at what happened when we instituted some nation building practices. After WW2, we stuck it out with Germany and Japan, after flat out crushing their countries. Instituted some nation building, and things worked themselves out.

History kid. Read it. Learn from it. Nuetrality doesn't work for us. It never has, and it never will.
    Both Germany AND Japan declared war on us. Why don't you read some history? And by the way, recompense is not an alliance.
    Last edited by jnkbortka; 07-20-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Both Germany AND Japan declared war on us. Why don't you read some history? And by the way, recompense is not an alliance.
    Ummm... yes, yes they did, and this point means nothing. Go look at some of the ways Hitler got so much support for his regime.

Here is a hint. It was all the fault of the big bad economic giants who were keeping them down.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    man, get your head out of your ass, Germany and Japan are just one example. Just take a look at Hati, Philippines, Mexico, any number of Banana republics in the Latin America from the 1800's. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we went in, crushed whoever was in charge then didn't stick around and rebuild came back to bite us in the ass.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    uh, huh? what are you talking about? Germany had to pay the Triple Alliance (England, France, Russia though they were pretty much replaced by the United States) recompense for damages during the war which in today's money equaled about 442 BILLION dollars which crushed the largest and most powerful economy of it's day. They didn't even finish paying it off until 2010!!. This lead directly to the Great Depression and the 2nd World War.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Resident Grump
    Far be it from me to be a pain in the ass, but I do have to ask a question because I am like Curious George and I see such animosity toward Ron Paul here (
    Because he is a nutter
    uh, huh? what are you talking about? Germany had to pay the Triple Alliance (England, France, Russia though they were pretty much replaced by the United States) recompense for damages during the war which in today's money equaled about 442 BILLION dollars which crushed the largest and most powerful economy of it's day. They didn't even finish paying it off until 2010!!. This lead directly to the Great Depression and the 2nd World War.