Thread: Publix Sucks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    It was horrible! I was waiting for the punchline... like press 2 for english! But no!! The whole commersh was mexican!! Im sure it will be youtube by tomorrow!
    this one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWD6CWOhXbA

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, no. Not exactly. Traditional Spanish is different from Puerto Rican which is different from Honduran which is different from Cuban which is different from Mexican which is different from Portuguese etc. The base is similar but there are nuances to each that differentiate one from the other.
    I like to bash Spanish as much as the next person, but English is also regional. So is Hindi, Chinese, and any other language spoken over a broad geographic spread over centuries. It's easier for most Americans and Londoners to understand each other almost 100% while both have difficulty understanding each other's or their own countrymen of certain dialects, doesn't mean these people aren't speaking English. In fact, while most people would have difficulty understanding the residents of Tangier Island VA, Smith Island MD, or Selbyville DE, these people are actually speaking the artifact of Elizabethan English they share with living people in the rural British maritime communities.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Um, no. Not exactly. Traditional Spanish is different from Puerto Rican which is different from Honduran which is different from Cuban which is different from Mexican which is different from Portuguese etc. The base is similar but there are nuances to each that differentiate one from the other.
    yep, just like Persian French is different from Quebuies, and Hatian, etc

Or American English from British or Canadian or any other majority English speaking
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Fabulous Poster
    Which is not to say that I am not a language Nazi.

I want to slap people on television who do these things because they spread their bad habits:

pronounce the t in often

say did-dint, stoo-dent, or any other misguided attempt at diction which avoids the "(u)nt" sound.

begin a sentence with "meantime" rather than "In the meantime" or use them interchangeably with "meanwhile" when they actually mean different things.

the list goes on

Banned
    Publix in Orange Beach AL has great fried chicken and taters. Their prices are too high on other things so I shop at Winn Dixie. Being a tourist/vacation town, Americans work in all retail stores.

Your dad looks like Peanut?
    No... he just did the head-tilt and smile like him.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

I like my neighborhood Publix. They treat me well as a customer, never had a problem.

I'm still in North GA, just discovered Ingles, which displays a large sign at their entrance "AMERICAN OWNED"
    Great store.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I like to bash Spanish as much as the next person, but English is also regional. So is Hindi, Chinese, and any other language spoken over a broad geographic spread over centuries. It's easier for most Americans and Londoners to understand each other almost 100% while both have difficulty understanding each other's or their own countrymen of certain dialects, doesn't mean these people aren't speaking English. In fact, while most people would have difficulty understanding the residents of Tangier Island VA, Smith Island MD, or Selbyville DE, these people are actually speaking the artifact of Elizabethan English they share with living people in the rural British maritime communities.
    Just press one for english. Do you live in America? Well this "region" Speaks English! BTW thats the language we are typing in! Moonbats have nuance don't they!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.