Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Yes and Yes.

IMO the Phillies were the better team last year but the Giants had momentum on their side. You start putting wins together and that shit gets contagious.
    yep, just look at Green Bay's run to the Super Bowl or when the Giants beat the Pats, happens all the time in sports.

I'll just be happy if the Brewers win the NL Central and and through the first series of the playoffs.

but just imagine how insane WI would be if the Brewers won the WS on top of the Packers winning the SB :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Yes and Yes.

IMO the Phillies were the better team last year but the Giants had momentum on their side. You start putting wins together and that shit gets contagious.
    It might be nice if the Phils started hitting as well. I would imagine they'd be in the market for a bat before the trading deadline in a few weeks.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    but just imagine how insane WI would be if the Brewers won the WS on top of the Packers winning the SB :D
    I'd like some of what you're smoking. :D

Yeah, it obviously could happen...look at the Giants & Rangers getting hot last year and making it to the WS.

I just think there are deeper teams in both the AL & NL that have a better chance. K-Rod is a gas can...I don't know that he helps your bullpen.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Oh God if they'd get rid of Ryan howard and put me in to hit I'd do a lot better at his spot :D

25 million dollars for that F#$KING stiff. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    It might be nice if the Phils started hitting as well.
    They won't. Not like they used to anyway. I'm resigned to that fact. Their days of consistently putting up 8 a game or scoring 4 in the 9th to win it are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum
    I would imagine they'd be in the market for a bat before the trading deadline in a few weeks.
    Yeah, a right handed power bat that plays outfield. Problem is, no one is really available that says "go get that guy". The names they are tossing around do nothing for me.

I'd like some of what you're smoking. :D <snip>
    The problem for the teams coming out the NL Central and West is that they'll have to play the Phils or Braves in the first round.

Granted anything can happen, and it's only the halfway mark, but these are two really good teams right now. And the Phils are banged up no less.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I'd like some of what you're smoking. :D

Yeah, it obviously could happen...look at the Giants & Rangers getting hot last year and making it to the WS.

I just think there are deeper teams in both the AL & NL that have a better chance. K-Rod is a gas can...I don't know that he helps your bullpen.
    yeah, idk how good he'll be for the Brewers, but they needed help at Pitching
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    No shit is it? Hey douche nozzle ever hear the term its better to be lucky then good? well this year we have better pitching then last year and I hope we have more luck then last year.

Thank goodness we dont have a douche with a beard on our team, just very good pitching without a gay shtick.
    Aww, did I hit a sensitive spot there? I'd think, being a Phillies fan, you'd have a thicker skin than that. Oh well, go throw your temper tantrum eslewhere...I'm not interested.

By the way, if you did have that "douche with a beard" you might have won the series.
    Last edited by Zathras; 07-13-2011 at 06:01 PM.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Yes and Yes.

Yup and that's why I get a chuckle when I see people like Bailey assuming their team should be given the championship because they're the so called best.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

It might be nice if the Phils started hitting as well. I would imagine they'd be in the market for a bat before the trading deadline in a few weeks.
    The funny thing is that whenever we fans start getting on them about hitting, they score like they did on Sunday. So the bats are there. It's the consistency that is lacking.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.