Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Do you ever feel like you were born in the wrong time? 
    Banned
    Myself I wish I could've gotten to experience the 30s-mid 70s here. The rise, high point, and decline of Americana.

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    Myself I wish I could've gotten to experience the 30s-mid 70s here. The rise, high point, and decline of Americana.

I wish I could've had my best sexual years in the 70's all that free love and no aids :(

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I wish I could've had my best sexual years in the 70's all that free love and no aids :(
    It was every bit as wonderful as you suspect it was. ;):D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It was every bit as wonderful as you suspect it was. ;):D

I hate you.....:p :D

I am confident that I am in the right time and right place to do what God expects me to do in this lifetime.

I used to think it would be fun to live in the world of Laura Ingalls Wilder's childhood (the 1880s). This was mostly due to my childhood love of all "girlie" clothes, especially granny dresses. They looked much cuter on elementary school girls, like me in the early 70s, than on the dirty hippie adult women that made them into a fashion trend. I like electricity and running water too much to want that now.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    The Hong Kong Dong is worse than aids.

I always have the feeling that I'm living in the wrong present. That is to say, I always feel like this reality is actually a crazy twilight zone alternate-reality.

It's like when people write alternate history books, what if's, and the scenarios are always insane and ridiculous. I feel like this history I am stuck in is one of these crazy alternate histories.

It's just too bad that even if this is a crazy alternate reality, there is no such thing as a "correct" version of reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I always have the feeling that I'm living in the wrong present.
    What present do you think you belong in? Or what time period?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I always have the feeling that I'm living in the wrong present. That is to say, I always feel like this reality is actually a crazy twilight zone alternate-reality.

It's like when people write alternate history books, what if's, and the scenarios are always insane and ridiculous. I feel like this history I am stuck in is one of these crazy alternate histories.

It's just too bad that even if this is a crazy alternate reality, there is no such thing as a "correct" version of reality.
    guess it depends on what theory of reality you believe in, Many Worlds theory or not
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Banned
    I sometimes feel like I've died or something and this is Limbo or something, or I just respawned in another universe. I also mind fuck myself with those "What is your life is just a coma dream?" kind of lines of thinking. There's a lot of times where by all means, I should've died but somehow survived.