1. #1 Social Security chief on SS Check withholding 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://hotair.com/archives/2011/07/1...-the-treasury/

Video: Social Security chief actuary confirms a decision to withhold checks would come from the Treasury
    Share253
    posted at 6:40 pm on July 13, 2011 by Tina Korbe
    printer-friendly

I’ve been a fan of Kansas Republican Rep. Tim Huelskamp for a while now. This video of his excellent line of questioning during a Budget Committee hearing this morning shows why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5fp3...layer_embedded

Don’t you just love how calm and cheerful he is, as he hammers away at the truth? Even Stephen Goss, the chief actuary of the Social Security Administration, couldn’t help but smile as Huelskamp asked for his help getting to the bottom of why Social Security checks might not go out Aug. 3, when the nation clearly has enough money — even under a debt limit budget — to cover the interest on its debt, Social Security and more (Huelskamp even had the chart to prove it!).

Goss confirmed the decision to send out Social Security checks (or not) would, indeed, be a Treasury Department (a.k.a. the administration’s) decision.

“The responsibility of the Social Security Administration per se, my boss, Commissioner Astrue, is to in fact determine how much in the way of benefit payments people are supposed to receive,” Goss said. “We send that information actually over to the Department of the Treasury. They are the ones who actually send out the payments, whether it’s electronic funds, transfers, or check.”

At that point, Huelskamp called out — in an admirably wry, polite way (a question is far friendlier than an accusation!) — what everybody in that hearing room already knew:

“I guess we’ll have to ask the Department of the Treasury and we’re having difficulty getting answers from them, but I see under no circumstances unless it was a political decision that the administration would refuse or withhold Social Security checks because there are sufficient receipts,” Huelskamp says in the video. “Can I ask you to ask the Treasury Department — because the administration just really doesn’t want to provide information and when you stand on the evening news and make a statement that 40-some million Americans are going to not receive their checks — would you ask the administration are they planning on withholding those checks and is there a reason they wouldn’t make those payments on Aug. 3?”

Goss said he’d be happy to work with Huelskamp to find an answer to his questions. Can’t wait to hear ‘em.
    another lie by the Administration completely debunked
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Unfortunately, stuff like this will never get out to the main public.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Banned
    Everyone knows that Geithner is a tax cheat; now, him and Obama are bona fide liars. I do not understand why Repub Congress critters have a problem calling a spade a spade.

Osama claims the military may not get paid either.

thanks ollie...........here's another fine mess you've got us into
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Congress wastes its time prosecuting baseball players who dare to lie to them yet allow O Blah Blah to hold the trophy as Liar-In-Chief. Why don't they expose him in public while the media are showcasing his one and only talent-Lying?:mad: As soon as the Liar-In-Chief begins, they should call him on it publicly and create a moment the liberal press cannot possibly avoid. I'd love to see O Blah Blah's head explode.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Congress wastes its time prosecuting baseball players who dare to lie to them yet allow O Blah Blah to hold the trophy as Liar-In-Chief. Why don't they expose him in public while the media are showcasing his one and only talent-Lying?:mad: As soon as the Liar-In-Chief begins, they should call him on it publicly and create a moment the liberal press cannot possibly avoid. I'd love to see O Blah Blah's head explode.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots