Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Boortz: liar or ignorant? 
    Fabulous Poster
    http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-...ks-lard-asses/

The next time you see some bucket of blubber riding around the mall or the grocery store on one of those little electric scooters, take a look at their shoes. Do they look reasonably well-worn? Well there you are. Here is someone who is perfectly capable of walking when they want or need to.
    You do know that most of these people get their electric wheelchairs for free, don’t you? Yup, they’re paid for by Medicare.

Actually, no they aren't and if you will actually listen to the ad, you will notice that they do not promise that Medicare will pay. I'll grant you that it's still irritating for a company to actively seek people this way, but they specifically say, "...If we pre-approve you and Medicare won't pay. " then it's free. Well guess what? Medicare doesn't pay for most of the scooters you see out there, because Medicare doesn't pay for those kind of scooters, it pays for power-chairs (a term it used interchangeably with "scooter" even by Medicare). And it only pays for them if you have a medical condition which requires one to get around INSIDE your house, and if your house is suitable. I learned this first hand when I went shopping for a scooter for my mother, who is indeed physically limited but doesn't need one to get around the house and couldn't use one in her house for much anyway. The day she can't walk from room to room, I'll end up getting her a transport chair so she can sit and pull herself along with her feet, or I'll push her around as I have done when she was incapacitated. The electric chair simply won't work in her house or her bathrooms.

But if you see someone, regardless of his weight, on a scooter, he bought it or someone gave it to him.

I paid $989 for my mom's three wheel scooter that she uses at fairs and other outdoor events, and yes, my sister also uses it, we paid for it and it's none of Boortz' business.

I don't doubt that there is some fraud, there is fraud anytime fraud can be committed. People commit fraud against banks- are they less careful than Medicare?

Medicare’s Wheelchair and Scooter Benefit
    If your doctor submits a written order stating that you have a medical need for a
    wheelchair or scooter for use in your home, Medicare will help cover any of the
    types listed below. Generally, Medicare will pay 80% of the Medicare-approved
    amount, after you have met the Part B deductible. You pay 20% of the Medicare-
    approved amount.
    Wheelchairs (both manual and power) and scooters are also known as “mobility
    assistive equipment.”
    Medicare will help cover your wheelchair and scooter, if you meet allof the
    following conditions:
    • You have a health condition that causes difficulty moving around in your home.
    • You’re unable to do activities of daily living (like bathing, dressing, getting in or
    out of a bed or chair, or using the bathroom) even with the help of a cane, crutch,
    or walker.
    • You’re able to safely operate, and get on and off the wheelchair or scooter, or have
    someone with you who is always available to help you safely use the device.
    Also, the equipment must be usable within your home (for example, it’s not too big
    for your home or blocked by things in its path).

Ha! I listened to him today! Had a great laugh!

Did you catch the part where he told you how much the cost is to taxpayers? Probably not.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

Did you catch the part where he told you how much the cost is to taxpayers? Probably not.
    He is for taxpayer paying for his health care so I doubt it would matter to him.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post

Yes, I did. Now ask yourself this: Why would Medicare, who pays a doctor $40 for an officer visit when he bills $140 pay $4000 for a scooter that only retails for $1000?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is for taxpayer paying for his health care so I doubt it would matter to him.
    You are misrepresenting my position and you know it. I am for universal single payer, in which we pay healthcare taxes instead of premiums into the system during our working lives that we will ALL be on one day if we don't drop dead at the mill.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You are misrepresenting my position and you know it. I am for universal single payer, in which we pay healthcare taxes instead of premiums into the system during our working lives that we will ALL be on one day if we don't drop dead at the mill.
    You pay for your health care and I'll pay for mine and we'll get along just fine.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    You pay for your health care and I'll pay for mine and we'll get along just fine.
    My way reduces duplicate systems, loss of research revenue conducted at public expense to private profiteering, insurance companies gambling with healthcare dollars, Workers Comp medical, and helps control how much drug companies can steal from your tax dollars spent on NIH, universities, and other research.

What does yours do?

My way reduces duplicate systems, loss of research revenue conducted at public expense to private profiteering, insurance companies gambling with healthcare dollars, Workers Comp medical, and helps control how much drug companies can steal from your tax dollars spent on NIH, universities, and other research.

What does yours do?
    Mine is the greatest medical system the world has ever known, your way will destroy that.
    Pay your own dammed way and I'll pay mine!

Fabulous Poster
    Mine is the greatest medical system the world has ever known, your way will destroy that.
    Pay your own dammed way and I'll pay mine!
    /threadjack

BTW, it appears that Boortz got his $4000 average figure from a site that sells scooters. So while he can probably defend quoting a figure for the average payout of Medicare (even if it's not $4000) he can't defend the other which is comparing the average layout of Medicare to the average cost of mobility scooters. It's like quoting the average amount Medicare pays for surgery and then declaring that that average is what Medicare pays for removing a wart.

Banned

What does yours do?
    Move your dumb ass to MA. You will love it. Better yet, France.