Thread: Would Your Dog Eat Your Dead Body? Absolutely.

Hybrid View

1. #1 Would Your Dog Eat Your Dead Body? Absolutely. 
    After a Canadian couple died in their rural Saskatchewan home, their seven dogs subsisted for more than a week by eating their remains. So, is the folk wisdom that a cat will gladly eat its dead owner, but a dog would sooner starve, just bunk?

Yes. Dogs are perfectly willing to eat human corpses, and there's no evidence that they treat their masters differently than any other dead body. Many cultures consider dogs unclean precisely because of their tendency to scavenge our remains. In The Iliad, Homer makes nine references to dogs eating dead bodies. Dogs consumed the body of Jezebel, a princess in the Old Testament, after her defenestration. There is evidence that ancient Romans considered the low-hanging cross a crueler form of crucifixion than the high version, because it enabled dogs to rip the body apart. There are even a few secular historians who believe that Jesus' body was eaten by dogs, and that his acolytes fabricated the story of a reverential entombment as a sort of coping mechanism. Some Muslim communities in East Africa revile dogs because they believe that canines ate the body of the Prophet Muhammad. Modern dogs exhibit the same behavior, and many have eaten their fallen masters. There have been several news stories of dogs scavenging family members, and other cases go unreported in the press. (Don't get smug, cat lovers. Your feline friends are no better.) ...
    http://www.slate.com/id/2299135/pagenum/all/

Nom nom nom

If I die in my home with my dogs, and no one comes to check on me, I hope my dogs do eat me. I'd rather them eat me than starve to death.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Banned
    If you were starving, would you eat your dead dogs?

You say no now, but survival instincts make you do some fucked up shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    If I die in my home with my dogs, and no one comes to check on me, I hope my dogs do eat me. I'd rather them eat me than starve to death.
    Once I'm dead I doubt I'd care, but I always presumed that dogs wouldn't chow down on their dead owners. Don't know why, it would only be natural.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    There was this clown who died and his dog started to eat him but stopped because he tasted funny...
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    because they believe that canines ate the body of the Prophet Muhammad.
    That's a cheery thought, if ever there was one. Nom nom nom, dat proffit tasted real good, can haz another plz, kthx. :D:D
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.