Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Liberal group threatens to pull Obama support 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=102x4922082

Source: AP

CHICAGO (AP) - A liberal group upset over potential cuts to Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security delivered pledges Friday to President Barack Obama's national campaign headquarters threatening to pull its support.

About a dozen people representing the Progressive Change Campaign Committee delivered what they said were 200,000 pledges from people who will refuse to donate or volunteer for Obama's re-election campaign if he cuts the entitlement programs.

"It's not a question of who they're going to support for president, they're going to vote for Barack Obama. It's a question of where their time and money is going to go," spokesman T. Neil Sroka said.

Obama has been taking heat from the left over the debt ceiling negotiations, in which he has been willing to target the long-standing programs. His approach is certain to sit better with independent voters, many of whom have told pollsters they want Washington politicians to work together to solve the big problems.

http://apnews.excite.com/article/201...D9OGA1LG1.html
    slay (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-15-11 05:23 PM
    Response to Reply #4
    14. I do not support much of Obama's actions since he got elected
    Edited on Fri Jul-15-11 05:24 PM by slay
    wars, no real health care reform, tax cuts for billionaires, talks of cutting SS and medicare, etc. he does not have my vote at this point - and i don't know that there is any way i would ever trust the man again. that said - i will never vote republican and i feel fairly confidant that Obama will win in 2012. he just very well may do it without my vote. i don't like what he's done - why would i vote for it again? just cause republicans are scary? sorry, i will not be scared into voting FOR someone. any vote for Obama at this point is purely a vote AGAINST the republicans - which i am against. something to think about - but he does not have my support, i will not volunteer or donate to him like i did last time. i'll have to think long and hard about the vote.
    Whistling past the graveyard in the dark much?

defendandprotect (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-15-11 07:54 PM
    Response to Original message
    51. Obama is effectively destroying what's left of the Democratic Party ...
    though, realistically, imo women and unions hung in too long with the party

and have lost a great deal doing that -- and now have basically no leverage

with Obama and this Dem Party!!
    That's the only good thing about the O.

Not much of a threat if you ask me.

" Do what we demand , or we'll ..... vote for you. "

What a bunch of dumbasses.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Did they pull their Weiner support?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

The Moonbats are too dimwitted to get it.

The Dems know that these yoyos are going to vote for them, no matter what happens ( they're too stupid/crazy not to). The Dems are after the Indepdents and the Undecided; now all they have worry about is the Moonbats not doing too crazy and lose the I& U votes.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The President knows he has these dumbasses vote, it doesn't matter what he does. He knows they hate ReThugs, that's all that matters.
    May the FORCE be with you!

This was one of the things that screwed up Kerry back in 2004.

Half of his time was spent kissing the asses of all theses groups when they threw a fit about one thing or another; Then Kerry would have to go to one of their stupid rallies and cancel the planned campaign stop he already had to convince an undecided group to vote for him.

And after all that, the Moonbats said they lost because the Republicians " CHEATED " .
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

I will not be voting for Barack Obama in 2012. This is not about party politics, it's not about identity politics, this is about voting for what I believe is right rather than voting for a stupid letter next to a name. I enthusiastically supported and voted for Obama in 2008 because I believed he was going to deliver on certain issues. He did not.

Obama lost my support about a year and a half ago, and has done nothing to win it back. This isn't a high school football game, I'm not just going to root for whoever I dislike the least. I want to be able to say I voted based on principles, rather than voting just to give the metaphorical finger to the "other team".

I know many others just like me who voted for Obama in 2008 and no longer support him.

If you want to be a cheerleader for one of these sold-out corporatist parties, just so you can enjoy identity politics, then be my guest, but I'm going to vote for what I think is really best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Welcome to adulthood WEI WEI. Most of us here would probably agree with you. Conservatives don't vote lock step like liberals do. What part of this post leads you to believe that anybody here desires to vote for a letter instead of principles?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I enthusiastically supported and voted for Obama in 2008 because I believed he was going to deliver on certain issues. He did not.

Which issue? Hope or change? :D

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Which issue? Hope or change? :D
    Ouch!!!:D

That's cool Wei, now be honest. You're going to pull the lever for Obama again and you know it. When the polls close next year I'll ask you again...
    May the FORCE be with you!