1. #1 "Is This Your Work EyePuss "Fear of black hole machine triggers threats to researcher 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Fear of black hole machine triggers threats to researchers

'You are evil and dangerous and you are going to destroy the world'

James Gillies, head of public relations at the European scientific consortium called CERN that is building the Collider near Geneva, Switzerland, told the London Telegraph that he gets tearful phone calls from people pleading with the organization not to turn on the machine.

"They phone me and say, 'I am seriously worried. Please tell me that my children are safe,'" said Gillies.

Some scientists have reported receiving death threats.

"There are a number who say, 'You are evil and dangerous and you are going to destroy the world," reports Gillies.

Currently, the world's largest operational supercollider has a circumference of about four miles and is housed at Fermilab near Batavia, Ill. The new particle accelerator CERN is building, however, is 17 miles around and will have seven times the energy of Fermilab's Tevatron accelerator.

As WND reported earlier, some scientists have expressed concern that the Collider's capability of slamming protons together at an unprecedented peak energy of 14 trillion electron volts could create black holes on earth or hypothetical super-atoms called strangelets, either of which, according to some theories, could expand in massive reactions to completely destroy the planet.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=74461
    Last edited by megimoo; 09-06-2008 at 10:44 PM.

There is practically zero chance of creating a black hole by firing up this collider and if it did it would be an unstable black hole that would collapse upon itself in a microsecond or two.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    There is practically zero chance of creating a black hole by firing up this collider and if it did it would be an unstable black hole that would collapse upon itself in a microsecond or two.
    Picoseconds are quicker !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Picoseconds are quicker !
    GEEEEEK!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    GEEEEEK!!!!!
    A true Geeeeeek would have it an attosecond !

I see your atto and raise you a femto

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Without mass......ain't gonna happen. They might get some sort of brief anomaly as you say.

For those that don't unner'stan, read The Iron Sun it's in laymans terms.
    There's no way you can trust her. Her missile is gigantic