Thread: Poor Jane!

1. #1 Poor Jane! 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    "Should a two-time Oscar-winner like Jane Fonda really be making a spectacle out of the fact that she wanted to appear on a home-shopping channel?"

Asks Big Hollywood, noting Jane's plaint:
    I was to have been on QVC today to introduce my book, “Prime Time,” about aging and the life cycle....

The network said they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear.

Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Link to her grip.

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/blog-post/...pearance-29153

Jane Fonda: QVC Caved to the Right Wing and Canceled Me (Updated with QVC response)

I was to have been on QVC today to introduce my book, “Prime Time,” about aging and the life cycle.

The network said they got a lot of calls yesterday criticizing me for my opposition to the Vietnam War and threatening to boycott the show if I was allowed to appear.

I am, to say the least, deeply disappointed that QVC caved to this kind of insane pressure by some well funded and organized political extremist groups. And that they did it without talking to me first.

I have never shied away from talking about this as I have nothing to hide. I could have pointed out that threats of boycotts are nothing new for me and have never prevented me from having best-selling books and exercise DVDs, films, and a Broadway play.

Most people don’t buy into the far right lies. Many people have reached out to express how excited they were about my going onto QVC and hearing about my book.

Bottom line, this has gone on far too long, this spreading of lies about me! None of it is true. NONE OF IT! I love my country. I have never done anything to hurt my country or the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for us.

I do not understand what the far right stands to gain by continuing with these myths. In this case, they denied a lot of people the chance to hear about a book that can help make life better, easier and more fulfilling.

I am deeply grateful for all of the support I have been getting since this happened, including from my Vietnam Veterans friends.

A QVC spokesman responded to Reuters:

"Jane Fonda was scheduled to appear on QVC today, Sat. July 16. Due to a programming change, she did not appear in the 10am show as scheduled.

QVC is live 24 hours a day and welcomes more than 22,000 guests a year. It’s not unusual to have a schedule change with our shows and guests with little or no notice.

I can’t speak to Ms. Fonda’s comments, other than to confirm that a change in scheduling resulted in her not appearing today."
    Rest In Peace America

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    "Should a two-time Oscar-winner like Jane Fonda really be making a spectacle out of the fact that she wanted to appear on a home-shopping channel?"

Asks Big Hollywood, noting Jane's plaint:
    I was to have been on QVC today to introduce my book, “Prime Time,” about aging and the life cycle....

Funny how she used to be a raging communist and now she wants to be on QVC? Typical Hollywierd leftist hypocrite.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Funny how she used to be a raging communist and now she wants to be on QVC? Typical Hollywierd leftist hypocrite.
    Typical Progressive Liberal. Its good for every one else - but me.
    Rest In Peace America