1. #1 Rural Councils---more government control 
    Control of the Heartland

Another of Obama's Executive Orders with far reaching implications.

WAKE UP AMERICA - THIS JUST HAPPENED ON JUNE 30, 2011 WHILE WE WERE DISTRACTED BY CASEY ANTHONY AND WEINER - OH SO QUIETLY INSIDE THE SACRED WALLS OF THE OVAL OFFICE.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I don't like the way this sounds. I don't like the states aims because they are too vague. The fact that Homeland Security and the DOD is involved troubles me, and the fact that it is an Executive Order absolutely bothers me.

At best I can say , WTF? At worst, this is troubling.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    I don't like the way this sounds. I don't like the states aims because they are too vague. The fact that Homeland Security and the DOD is involved troubles me, and the fact that it is an Executive Order absolutely bothers me.

At best I can say , WTF? At worst, this is troubling.
    I used to call on a federal agency that was involved in defense. Suddenly they were overrun with CIA types. It also was very troubling. Many long time employees were gone, forced into early retirement. The folks in charge were scary and very difficult to deal with. I stopped bothering with them (maybe that was their super secret plan to get rid of long time vendors).

I know that Bush did Executive Orders, but not to this scope. DOD and Homeland Security are troubling dealing with the rural issues.

It's all about power and control.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The clock is ticking. If Liberals are not utterly defeated in 2012, we will have lost the Cold War after all and the Mayans might have been right. All ends have a beginning.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The abuse of executive orders has snowballed since FDR. Executive orders are supposed to be limited to administrative procedures within the Executive Branch, not an expansive means of legislating unconstitutional end runs around congress.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The abuse of executive orders has snowballed since FDR. Executive orders are supposed to be limited to administrative procedures within the Executive Branch, not an expansive means of legislating unconstitutional end runs around congress.
    But they do it too...

We the PEOPLE need to remind them who is really in charge....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This president has taken it to new levels. He is "fundamentally changing" the country by using the tools at his disposal. It wouldn't surprise me if he tried to issue E.O. to make himself dictator. It's his desire and it matches his ideology. :mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Sounds like time for Congress to step in and get rid of this crap
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry