Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I'm very close to breaking up with my man because of Republicans 
    Sarah Ibarruri (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-17-11 01:38 AM
    Original message
    I'm very close to breaking up with my man because of Republicans
    Advertisements [?]

The man I've been seeing is a right winger. Yeah, I know. I almost wear a sign on me that says, "If you're a right winger, get the F*** away," and yet here I am, dating a right winger.

He's not as right wing as some of these a**holes, like Boehner, or Cantor, but he's right wing nonetheless. He doesn't argue with me, and I rave and froth at the mouth with hatred for the GOPigs, but he's patient and caring.

But I'm reaching the end of my patience. I simply CANNOT, CANNOT endure being with someone who even remotely agrees with these sh*theads who have taken our country down a path to second world nation for the past 31 years. I am growing more and more angry with my guy, and I've nearly gotten to the point at which I'm ready to call it quits.

I cannot be with a man who disagrees on topics of such importance, opinions which determine who will live and who will die, survival, jobs, how the neediest are treated, whether the old will die from having to decide between medication and a roof over their head, and such things.

Right now I'm livid and cannot talk to him. He makes me sick.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=1506817

Why does this sound like a bouncy? If it's not....what a bitch!
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Sarah Ibarruri (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-17-11 01:57 AM
    Response to Reply #20

23. I just can't get over it. He's nice to me, and holds views that make me sick How could he hold views about the least able, that simply make my jaw drop? No, it's unacceptable. He's not stupid. He's not dumb. He knows.

It has obviously never even occurred to her that she might be stupid and dumb and not know...

This one is pretty funny. It's mostly a hate filled thread about Bush & Cheney. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    It has obviously never even occurred to her that she might be stupid and dumb and not know...

This one is pretty funny. It's mostly a hate filled thread about Bush & Cheney. :D
    Everything is about bush nd cheney. Even though obama is doing such a fine job... they still want to blame bush. Obama can do no wrong.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

I just read through that thread and literally laughed out loud at some of the back and forth. Some funny stuff for sure.

Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Jul-17-11 01:45 AM
    Response to Reply #2
    9. Oh believe me, I'm about this ready to!

I told him yesterday that I think he's concealing his true nature and pretending to be nice, when in actuality he's a first-class a**hole because, how could anyone be such a d**k as to wish ill on the least able, and think redistribution of wealth towards the top is just the coolest thing.

He can't understand why I'm so F angry at him. Is he NUTS, or just pretending he doesn't get this? He thinks because he's nice to me, it's all fine. It isn't.
    Given the level of hatefulness and out of control anger it's a wonder he's still dating her. He's nice to her but I don't see her being nice to him.
    blue37 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Jul-17-11 03:12 AM
    Response to Reply #9
    75. I dated a man once who was nice to me, but kind of dickish or very dickish to

Edited on Sun Jul-17-11 03:17 AM by tblue37
    some other people, though never when in my presence. It bothered me, but we had a good time together--at first. But dickishness will out. Eventually a dick will be a dick to you, too.

On the other hand, I have many relatives who are geneuinely wonderful people in almost every way--except that they are real Republicans. They are Italian Americans (in PA), and they have always been very religious--and very Republican.

I think they just don't know a lot of what they should know, at least partly because like so many other people, they live in an information bubble in which they are fed lies by FOX News, religious spokescreeps, and other such disseminators of propaganda. (For example, I know at least some of them watch The 700 Club.)
    FarLeftFist (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-17-11 01:43 AM
    Response to Original message
    4. These days when someone says they are a republican I look at them like they have 3 heads

I can't even imagine what it is that would even make someone want to vote republican. These people should be embarrassed to even consider themselves republicans.
    Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-17-11 01:58 AM
    Response to Reply #4
    26. I know. It's now literally making me nauseous to think of my guy's opinions.

I can't live like this. It's virtually impossible for me. I see him as the enemy.
    Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-17-11 02:03 AM
    Response to Reply #7
    35. Oh my GOD. See?

The minute I hear my guy say stupid shit like that, I swear to you, I feel like kicking him to the curb. I automatically ask him things like, "You can't be this stupid, can you?" Then he gets hurt. It's driving me crazy. Are Repukes THAT stupid?
    No. Just liberals like you, Sara Ibarruri.
    Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Jul-17-11 11:46 AM
    Response to Reply #118
    140. I found your explanation of how you changed him, wonderful

I find the right wing view of life to be illegitimate, authoritarian, and punitive. I was raised as a Catholic and (notwithstanding the priest scandals), we were taught that:

1) Your actions, not just your faith, are important;
    2) Compassion and empathy were vital to be a true believer; and,
    3) The most helpless amongst us should be among the first to be cared for.

I am not a religious person, but that, and my European-Cuban background caused me to put the needy way above the mega-rich.

I have a certain disdain for religions and beliefs that claim that the helpless and needy should pull themselves up by their bootstraps, are lazy, and brought that situation on themselves. I think it's unconscionable.

Also, when I explain these things to him about the need to put the helpless above the mega-rich in making world decisions, he comes out with illogical and incredibly stupid arguments, as if some Republican organization had programmed him for stupid answers and all he has to do is push a button and out come some Rushisms, Bushisms or Palisms.

I actually told him once that his I.Q. must be very low if he talks as if he were an idiot.

:(

Aside from this situation, he's very good to me, he's cute, generous, kind, loves my family, is interesting, loves to travel, lots of things.

I haven't given him an ultimatum, but the ultimatum is slowly appearing in the sky saying he needs to change or he will lose me.
    And he'll be better off without her that's for sure.

Amazing but unsurprising at how full of hate those DUers are towards anyone who thinks differently than they do.

I simply CANNOT, CANNOT endure being with someone who even remotely agrees with these sh*theads who have taken our country down a path to second world nation for the past 31 years. I am growing more and more angry with my guy, and I've nearly gotten to the point at which I'm ready to call it quits.

I cannot be with a man who disagrees on topics of such importance, opinions which determine who will live and who will die, survival, jobs, how the neediest are treated, whether the old will die from having to decide between medication and a roof over their head, and such things.
    Care to justify your lies???
    Please try. I'll gladly serve you up some facts as to who promotes and perpetuates this agony of the masses. Please come on over and let me educate you. Your man deserves better and you should leave him today. Please go get you a limp wristed liberal yes man who will allow you to carry his tiny testicles in your purse. Why don't you liberals do some HONEST research before you spout your stupidity?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    One of the best DUmmie threads I've read in some time and it just keeps getting better and better...

Zorra (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-17-11 12:00 PM
    Response to Original message

148. The fact that he is a republican means that he has serious ethics perception deficits and is of shallow consciousness and character.

There's kinda no way around that.

Life is short. Have fun.

Peace.

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    Everything is about bush nd cheney. Even though obama is doing such a fine job... they still want to blame bush. Obama can do no wrong.
    Obama is the pope of liberals... He is INFALIBLE! :D
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=1506817

Why does this sound like a bouncy? If it's not....what a bitch!
    Sound like dear Sarah is for bucking queen of the Moonbats; so crazy she can't see that she the one with the problem. Sarah sound like she needs a shrink really, really bad.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.