Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 A Navy mom took this picture today. 
    She is a friend of a friend and she posted it on FB. I thought it was pretty moving.

"Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Very moving, AA. And thanks on behalf of those of us members of Shell Knob VFW Post 2203.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Wow!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Okay. Goosebumps. And tears.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Banned
    That is the greatest picture I wish I could get it as my screen saver

Where did she find an area where the trees have no leaves in July?

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Where did she find an area where the trees have no leaves in July?
    My fault. I meant "posted today". Shoot me.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

that's on my desktop now, here's the story:

Frank Glick took this photo at Fort Snelling National Cemetery. When he recorded the shot, he never could have guessed how much it was going to mean to the widow of the World War II veteran buried there.

the vet is Sgt. Maurice Ruch. graduated from college in mechanical engineering in December of 1941 and enlisted in the U.S. Army Air Corps. Known for his keen eye, he became a rifle marksman and was stationed in the Aleutian Islands. He served four years in the military and earned a bronze star.

what an awesome photo. wonder what the odds are of capturing this photo at 6 am ??

story
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I am posting it here. Maybe a mod or admin can change the thread name to "Veteran Pics" or something for future use?

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this, so I am posting it here. Maybe a mod or admin can change the thread name to "Veteran Pics" or something for future use?

I had to check this out. at first i thought this might be in the EU but i guess not. nothin' on urban legends so here's what i found

It’s on Vashon Island, in Puget Sound, Washington State. It is real, not photoshopped. It is locally famous. Berkeley Breathed wove a story around this very bicycle in his delightful illustrated book “Red Ranger Came Calling”.

It’s still a big mystery how the bike ended up there. It’s been there for decades. Trees do not grow upward from the base of the trunk, they grow from the tips of the topmost branches. Trunks expand outward, not upward, so that if, for example, someone carved a name at eye level on the bark, that name would stay at eye level for the life of the tree. Someone had to have climbed up there on a ladder or something to place the bike there, decades ago, probably in the late 1940′s or early 1950′s (NOT 1914). I’m fairly sure it was placed there as a practical joke.

I suspect a small handful of locals may know the secret–but if so, it’s a carefully kept secret. There are many theories…
    link

got yourself quite a mystery here AA
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots