Thread: Herman Cain Says U.S. Communities 'Have the Right' to Ban Mosques

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    They can demand all they want. Hell, I hear guys on the street corner in Fort Worth demanding all kinds of shit. Sucks to be them.
    Sucks to be us if they ever get their way.

Pretty big leap but whatever gets you past the Constitution and the "loophole" called the 1st Ammendment ....
    It's not a leap. Islam is a political movement that exploits religious protections in order to advance its agenda. Your refusal to acknowledge that in order to continue to pretend that you are on the side of religious liberty, when in fact you are taking the side of those who would permanently end religious liberty, is typical leftist hubris.

On a side note, if you are successful, I think there are a lot of churches that are going to be concerned about being denied religious liberty if they involved themselves in political matters.
    If I am successful, no religious institution need be concerned about its liberty to worship or express its faith. If you are successful, no religious institution except Islamic ones will be free to worship. The rest of us will be dhimmis or slaves.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Any case in Tennessee in which local or state laws were used to try to prevent the building of a mosque based on the content of their belief system would wind up inevitably in the Supreme Court. The First and Fourteenth Amendments to The Constitution would apply.

Based on what I've read the SC has ruled consistently that religions can't be banned based on the content of their belief. However, the court has also ruled that religious practices of a group can be regulated within certain parameters.

The Church of Santeria (if it can be called a church) was allowed to continue to practice animal sacrifice as a part of their worship. The SC ruled against a municipality that had sought to ban their use of that practice.

But, the SC also ruled in favor of a law that the prohibited the Native American Church from the use of peyote in their religious practices.

Decisions vary depending on the particulars.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    I think nova is starting to get it :D

My position on Islam formed over several events. I lived in DC in 1977 when the Hanafi Muslims attacked, and 1979 when the Iranian "students" burned the American flag. I lived in San Francisco when terrorists bomb the Bank Melli Iran there. I started paying attention to the Islamic violence in Italy about the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Sucks to be us if they ever get their way.

Islam is a political movement that exploits religious protections in order to advance its agenda.
    Ody ... Couldn't agree more with you if I tried! You are 100% correct!

Is no *bleeping* way the folks of Tennessee are not aware of the dangers of allowing this Mosque to be built against their wishes.

Most evenings before going to bed, I check out Jihad Watch. If any in here who have not checked it out, and have the time to do so, I think you'll find it a very interesting read.

www.jihadwatch.org

I find it to be a very useful, up to date source of information on what is going on in our world re the so-called "Religion of Peace" as so many naively, believe it to be.

ROBERT SPENCER is the director of Jihad Watch.

He is also a weekly columnist for Human Events and FrontPage Magazine, and has led seminars on Islam and jihad for the United States Central Command, United States Army Command and General Staff College, the U.S. Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group, the FBI, the Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the U.S. intelligence community.

To read more about him click here:
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/about-robert-spencer.html

Be sure not to miss the "Frequently Asked Questions" of him on same page.

~ ABC (now quietly stepping away from my soap box on one of my most passionate interests.) :o

Oh Rats! ... forgot to mention that many of the comments following the articles on the site are also very informative and worth reading. Not all, but most.
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 07-18-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Ody ... Couldn't agree more with you if I tried! You are 100% correct!

Is no *bleeping* way the folks of Tennessee are not aware of the dangers of allowing this Mosque to be built against their wishes.

Most evenings before going to bed, I check out Jihad Watch. If any in here who have not checked it out, and have the time to do so, I think you'll find it a very interesting read.

www.jihadwatch.org

I find it to be a very useful, up to date source of information on what is going on in our world re the so-called "Religion of Peace" as so many naively, believe it to be.

ROBERT SPENCER is the director of Jihad Watch.

He is also a weekly columnist for Human Events and FrontPage Magazine, and has led seminars on Islam and jihad for the United States Central Command, United States Army Command and General Staff College, the U.S. Army's Asymmetric Warfare Group, the FBI, the Joint Terrorism Task Force, and the U.S. intelligence community.

To read more about him click here:
    http://www.jihadwatch.org/about-robert-spencer.html

Be sure not to miss the "Frequently Asked Questions" of him on same page.

~ ABC (now quietly stepping away from my soap box on one of my most passionate interests.) :o

Oh Rats! ... forgot to mention that many of the comments following the articles on the site are also very informative and worth reading. Not all, but most.
    Spencer is a superb historian, and his analysis and reporting reinforce each other and provide context for the ongoing jihad, which those who are more concerned with being politically correct refuse to see. Liberals love to see themselves as being on the side of the underdog, but the don't understand that the underdog here is the western civilization that they have undermined and castrated.

You should also check out Andrew Bostom's blog for similar scholarship.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Thank you ... had no problem finding it.

*Now* will probably be up 'til all hours reading it tonight! :D

~ ABC
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 07-18-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

They can demand all they want. Hell, I hear guys on the street corner in Fort Worth demanding all kinds of shit.................
    Meh...You're trying to compare street guys in Ft Worth with Imams possessing absolute power. Lotsa luck.

Disobey Sharia Law and you'll get yourself beheaded. Obey Sharia Law such as killing a disobedient daughter and you wind up in a U.S. prison.
    Last edited by Starbuck; 07-18-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    We know the Mosques are used to recruit fund and sometimes hide terrorist activity.

The Feds have been unsuccessful in getting a mole inside any Mosque (that we know of) to provide intel on their activities.

Next best thing is giving a city the right to say...we don't want you here.

I don't have a problem with it at all.
    I'm sorry but I do.

They can demand all they want. Hell, I hear guys on the street corner in Fort Worth demanding all kinds of shit. Sucks to be them.

Pretty big leap but whatever gets you past the Constitution and the "loophole" called the 1st Ammendment ....

On a side note, if you are successful, I think there are a lot of churches that are going to be concerned about being denied religious liberty if they involved themselves in political matters.
    You can't really be this naive can you?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    I'm sorry but I do.
    Why?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.