Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Captain Planet monstrosity 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/07/19...-planet-movie/

'Captain Planet' Live-Action Movie Takes Pollution Down To Zero

Posted 5 hrs ago by Danica Davidson in News

Captain Planet“Captain Planet” is back! But the eco-friendly superhero won’t be showing up in an animated reboot of the original '90s cartoon. Instead, Cartoon Network and "Transformers" producer Don Murphy and partner Susan Montford's Angry Filmworks are teaming together with "Transformers" producer to make a live action film about the environmentalist hero.

“The messages of Captain Planet are even more relevant today,” said Stuart Snyder, president and COO of Turner Broadcasting System Inc.’s Animation, Young Adults and Kids Media division, in a press release. “We feel this team can bring the world’s first eco-hero to life in a powerful motion picture that is not only pertinent but entertaining.”

Murphy and Montford also expressed their appreciation of the project in the press release.

“[Captain Planet’s] adventures are known worldwide and he is recognized across generations,” said Murphy. “We expect to make a spectacular series of films with the amazing team at Cartoon Network.”

“With the earthquakes, tornadoes, melting icebergs and all the other problems threatening the world right now, Earth really needs her greatest defender,” added Montford.

The press release did not say when the movie is expected to be released.
    :eek::eek::(:mad:

this was one of the stupidest and most asinine cartoons out when I was a kid, I'd rather watch paint dry than this stupid shit.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post

this was one of the stupidest and most asinine cartoons out when I was a kid, I'd rather watch paint dry than this stupid shit.
    Rubin bums and watchin cartoons are ye!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Rubin bums and watchin cartoons are ye!
    i'll watch some cartoons now, Phineas and Ferb is a great show for kids. I watched Widget the World Watcher cuz it was a better show than Captain Planet garbage when I was a kid.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

i'll watch some cartoons now, Phineas and Ferb is a great show for kids. I watched Widget the World Watcher cuz it was a better show than Captain Planet garbage when I was a kid.
    Futurama rules!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

My kids love Phineas and Ferb, or at least that's what I tell them when I put it on. :D

As for Captain Planet, it was lame then, it will be lame now. The only thing that will be interesting is watching the kid who gets his powers from being bitten by a radioactive Al Gore. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The big Cheese
    regular show is the bomb yo!
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

My biggest question is, "Why?"
    'Captain Planet' is a show which has not aged well at all, is preachier than most religious- themed cartoon shows, has not been released on DVD, and the only attention it currently gets is from people who laugh at how lame and preachy it was. There's a reason why generally the only place it can currently be seen is 6:00 am on Boomerang. Cartoon Network (A network which, imo, plummeted in terms of quality about 5 years ago) has shown they only care about shows that they think can sell and attract ratings, so why the hell would they go with a Captain Planet movie, a project that's pretty much guaranteed to fail? Even if they are doing it to pursue an environmental message, surely there are better ways of doing so than reviving a show that nobody likes.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    regular show is the bomb yo!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Move aside Ishtar.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

damn straight Fett...Give me Anamainiacs, Pinky and the Brain, Freakazoid or old school Looney Tunes over that Captain Planet brainwashing material anytime.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf