Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,610
    Congrats, so glad that you're giving the baby a new home. He'll adjust. My niece and her hubby adopted a little 4 year old girl from China. She screamed like a banshee on the flight all the way from China to Japan, then from Japan to St Louis. I'm sure they weren't the favorites of the others on the plane.

    Now you wouldn't believe the bond. She's such a cutie and very bright. She loves her mommy and daddy and is one of my fav kids.

    Enjoy. Glad to hear the crying has stopped. SR loves the grandbabies, but he says it's because they're adorable, we can enjoy them, and then let the parents clean the diapers and do all the heavy lifting. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    NJ, I am curious about fostering...do they tell you the child's history? Is it a foster to adopt? Do the bio parents have a chance of parenting him again if whatever the reason the baby was removed is resolved?
    My realtor that I used a long time ago fostered children, and he was always disappointed when their foster child didn't stay with them as long as they would have liked...or were led to believe.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    NJ, I am curious about fostering...do they tell you the child's history? Is it a foster to adopt? Do the bio parents have a chance of parenting him again if whatever the reason the baby was removed is resolved?
    My realtor that I used a long time ago fostered children, and he was always disappointed when their foster child didn't stay with them as long as they would have liked...or were led to believe.
    DYFS's first rule is to try to get the kids back to their families. As for history, if they have that information, they have to give it to us. As for little Iker, I don't think we'll be keeping him. He does get visits with his mother and his father(separately) however, his father seems to have disappeared. We haven't gotten any of the history yet. I'm going to call tomorrow to get the 4-1-1.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Grouchy Old Broad Kay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Midland, Tx
    Posts
    3,699
    Congratulations on finally getting your baby. Glad he's eating good now and starting to warm up. I would just add to remember that kids pick up on the emotions of the adults around them. If you get frustrated with the crying and get all keyed up inside over it, he'll pick up on that and it will agitate him more. The best thing is to keep yourself very calm and just hug and rock him while he's crying. The calmer you are, the more safe and secure he will feel in your arms. He's a lucky little guy to be in your home. :)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    DYFS's first rule is to try to get the kids back to their families. As for history, if they have that information, they have to give it to us. As for little Iker, I don't think we'll be keeping him. He does get visits with his mother and his father(separately) however, his father seems to have disappeared. We haven't gotten any of the history yet. I'm going to call tomorrow to get the 4-1-1.

    I cannot imagine getting attached to a young one and having to give him up. You have my admiration. I couldn't do it.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    Congratulations on finally getting your baby. Glad he's eating good now and starting to warm up. I would just add to remember that kids pick up on the emotions of the adults around them. If you get frustrated with the crying and get all keyed up inside over it, he'll pick up on that and it will agitate him more. The best thing is to keep yourself very calm and just hug and rock him while he's crying. The calmer you are, the more safe and secure he will feel in your arms. He's a lucky little guy to be in your home. :)
    What she said...also singing helped soothe my baby when she was really young...sing him a lullabye or whatever...after a while, your voice alone will soothe him.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Nicely done, Sir. :)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    What she said...also singing helped soothe my baby when she was really young...sing him a lullabye or whatever...after a while, your voice alone will soothe him.

    Have you ever actually HEARD NJCardFan sing????:eek:
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Have you ever actually HEARD NJCardFan sing????:eek:
    Ain't it! :D
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I cannot imagine getting attached to a young one and having to give him up. You have my admiration. I couldn't do it.
    They have my deepest admiration also. I couldn't do it----I even failed at fostering a dog. I ended up keeping him. :o

    Fostering is very noble. Enjoy little Ike.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

    " To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

    "
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

    GO CARDS

    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •