Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Makes me sick... 
    I cant believe we are no longer sending people into space anymore. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...s-landing.html

Power CUer
    It was fun and exciting (especially for those of us who watched Alan Shepard and John Glenn go up, on a black and white TV the teacher brought to school), but I can't name a single experiment done on the shuttle that is in use for our benefit today. There must be something, but I have no clue what. We need to get down to the essentials, not the "nice to have" things.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I cant believe we are no longer sending people into space anymore. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

That's how I felt this morning. There was a slight possibility that we'd hear the sonic boom, but it probably came a bit south of us. We turned on the news a few minutes after the boom was supposed to hit and saw the landing. It left me with such a feeling of sadness, that somehow our pride as a country has been tarnished. I know that it's been in the works for some time, but Obama just doesn't engender a feeling of pride in our country.

It's sort of like Carter's unfortunate use of the term "malaise", whether he really said it or not. Michele and Obama just plain old don't have the vision of our country as the shining city on the hill. They're a bad combination---downer type people in the White House while the country is going through the tough economic times. He definitely isn't the leader to inspire us to greatness.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

after this idiot cancled the Constellation project and the Atlas V rocket, then mothballed the Shuttles (I know it was under Bush, but he had justification with the Atlas V and only a 2 year gap between it being ready) with out a replacement, it'll be incredibly difficult to restart the space program and we have to rely on the fucking Russians to get people to the ISS :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It was fun and exciting (especially for those of us who watched Alan Shepard and John Glenn go up, on a black and white TV the teacher brought to school), but I can't name a single experiment done on the shuttle that is in use for our benefit today. There must be something, but I have no clue what. We need to get down to the essentials, not the "nice to have" things.
    Believe it or not, your life has probably been touched in some way by space technology. Since 1976, about 1,400 documented NASA inventions have benefited U.S. industry, improved the quality of life and created jobs for not just Americans, but around the world as well. From the early days of space exploration, primarily the apollo program helped change the way of life in America, especially in health care.
    More>http://space.about.com/od/toolsequip...lospinoffs.htm
    This article is a start. As someone who was involved in the manufacture of the shuttle as well as other aircraft for many years, I couldn't begin to tell you the benefits to manufacturing technology it has brought.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    So sayeth the woman tapping away at a computer.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Thats why I didn't respond to her(lindanumbers), someone that always has to prove how smart she is kind of shit the bed with that statement. lol

We use to do big things in this country, now all we do is worry about giving welfare to bums.

Yes it sucks having to depend on the stinking Russians to get to a space station that we mainly built and supported. :(

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Thats why I didn't respond to her(lindanumbers), someone that always has to prove how smart she is kind of shit the bed with that statement. lol

We use to do big things in this country, now all we do is worry about giving welfare to bums.

Yes it sucks having to depend on the stinking Russians to get to a space station that we mainly built and supported. :(
    mainly? we built everything that mattered and took everything up there.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    mainly? we built everything that mattered and took everything up there.
    Yes I know that :D

I'd rather see half the money that goes to welfare go to the space program, screw the bums. :D