Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We really tried, both of us with messages, warnings and every chance we could give him, too many chances really. I really liked the guy.
    Weird, I doubt he'd make these comments to his brothers of service. It's too bad. You'd think the Marines would smack this thinking out of ya! I suppose some still slip through the cracks.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    No. It just depresses me b/c I had a crush on him before this crap started happening. :(

~QC
    Nitwit picked the wrong night to annoy me. One of the dawgs threw up twice on the newly cleaned rug in the bedroom and I had to clean it up...
    May the FORCE be with you!

We really tried, both of us with messages, warnings and every chance we could give him, too many chances really. I really liked the guy.
    I ain't even mad.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Nitwit picked the wrong night to annoy me. One of the dawgs threw up twice on the newly cleaned rug in the bedroom and I had to clean it up...
    Did you scotch guard it, or when they asked if you wanted to did you say no I don't drink scotch?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I ain't even mad.

~QC
    I know your not, it's just disappointing.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Did you scotch guard it, or when they asked if you wanted to did you say no I don't drink scotch?

Grrrrrrrrr...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Well....I have to stand up and say that I like the heck out of Colonial Marine.
    I've been knowing him on two different boards now, shared a few PMs in
    passing, and while he might have a tendency to be very not-PC and push
    the rules on racially charged posts, I admire that he is openly honest and
    consistent in always being himself. I will always be proud to call him my
    friend anytime or place.

That said, I also know rules are rules, and he has been warned already
    about racially charged posts, so I can't defend the intentional ignoring
    of warnings that were given.

On the other hand, if you brush aside the racist tone, the post CM made
    above is pretty much true in point. Black tribes in Africa were taking each
    other prisoner in slavery long before and long after it became lucrative for
    them to sell outside the country to white European and Western buyers.
    It is a practice that still goes on there even today is it not?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Weird, I doubt he'd make these comments to his brothers of service. It's too bad. You'd think the Marines would smack this thinking out of ya! I suppose some still slip through the cracks.
    He could have articulated it better, but you can't change facts. A lot of the slave trade was Black Africans conquering and selling other Blacks. Slavery was legal in The Sudan a little more than a decade ago. Blacks were every bit at fault for the fate of the Blacks who were shipped to America and I have yet to hear any wailing, shrieking or yowling about how guilty they are.

I never enslaved anyone, I do not know anyone who enslaved anyone (except Misstress Helga at Katrina's House of Pain), and I do not know anyone who has ever been enslaved. I do not give a shit one way or the other, do not feel in the least way guilty about and heartily mock anyone who can't get the fuck over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    On the other hand, if you brush aside the racist tone, the post CM made
    above is pretty much true in point. Black tribes in Africa were taking each
    other prisoner in slavery long before and long after it became lucrative for
    them to sell outside the country to white European and Western buyers.
    It is a practice that still goes on there even today is it not?
    While CM may be correct in a historical sense, his presentation and delivery was uncalled for. It's the racist tone that he's been previously warned about that he continues to ignore. He's a MARINE, for that I thank him for his service...but he should've learned to curb the racial overtones..by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    He could have articulated it better, but you can't change facts. A lot of the slave trade was Black Africans conquering and selling other Blacks. Slavery was legal in The Sudan a little more than a decade ago. Blacks were every bit at fault for the fate of the Blacks who were shipped to America and I have yet to hear any wailing, shrieking or yowling about how guilty they are.

I'm sure everyone here knows the history of slavery in the US....but one doesn't have to be offensive about it.
    And as for the topic at hand, as I said in a previous post..it's RIDICULOUS.