Thread: B.O. Can't even get votes from his own party!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    Bernie Sanders cannot challenge Ododo. He is not a democrat.
    There Wee Wee goes again.....must have taken his stupid pill early this am.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I would LOVE to see Sen. Bernie Sanders challenge Obama in the primaries.

As it is, the Democratic party doesn't stand for anything. They don't stand for social security, they don't stand for medicare/medicaid, they don't stand for true universal healthcare and they don't stand for worker's rights, they are just as pro-war, pro-torture, and pro-domestic spying as the Republicans are, they put the interests of big money elites before the interests of working people.

I don't see any significant difference between them and Republicans. What is the Democratic party, the "party of"? letting gays marry? Ok that's a nice goal but frankly we need some bigger things to aim for.

If the current crop of Democrats go up for election (which it seems they will), they won't be getting my vote. Obama will not either.

Right principles are more important than "beating the other team".
    If you are so far to the left that the Democrats look like the right, you're no longer playing on the same field.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Welcome.

There won't be a Democratic primary challenge, because anyone who ran and beat Obama would have to go into the general election with an extremely pissed off African-American electorate that accounts for roughly 20% of the Democratic vote (12.5% of the general population, slightly underrepresented in the voting population, but almost entirely on the Democratic side). That would mean that instead of going in with a base vote of 45%, he'd be going in with 25%. With the loss of independents that the Democrats are looking at, they'd end up with about 30-35% of the vote in the general election, which would translate into the worst electoral shellacking in history.
    That makes things pretty interesting. Historically, whenever a president has appeared to be in trouble a serious primary challenger has taken him on. The primary challenger loses but leaves such a damaged president that he loses the general election. I fully expect someone to challenge Obama from within his own party, but I don't think it would be Hillary.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhair View Post
    That makes things pretty interesting. Historically, whenever a president has appeared to be in trouble a serious primary challenger has taken him on. The primary challenger loses but leaves such a damaged president that he loses the general election. I fully expect someone to challenge Obama from within his own party, but I don't think it would be Hillary.
    They probably won't challenge him for the fear of being branded a racist. That's what happens when they brandish that label too much at the Republicans, turns around and bites them in the butt.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverhair View Post
    yep, Ted Kennedy did it to Carter, Regan did it to Ford, Teddy did it to Taft
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry