Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Why The Idiot Bill Mahers Says What He says ? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    21 July 2011
    Comedian-commentator Bill Maher has been getting a lot of attention lately for trying to get a lot of attention. He generally goes about this by using sexist hate speech against attractive, powerful, and intelligent conservative women like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann, calling them female vulgarisms, for instance, or, as most recently, hosting comedians who fantasize aloud about sexually abusing them.
    snip
    “All they are saying is, ‘I hate Michele Bachmann,’ ‘I hate Sarah Palin.’ Except they’re saying, ‘I [expletive] hate Michele Bachmann,’ ‘I [expletive] hate Sarah Palin.’ And then conservative blogs and this show say, ‘Oh, they use the f-word,’ and then they get 8 billion times more viewers.”

As so often, Coulter makes a good point. Maher, who is only just so funny and only just so bright and only just so popular, seems rather desperately to be turning himself into a moral Elephant Man in an attempt to draw the gawkers. The dignified reaction would be to walk on by, warning the children not to stare at the poor fellow because he has an affliction, God bless him.

I suppose it would also be self-diminishing to allow oneself to feel frustrated by the fact that the leftists of the so-called mainstream media regularly twist themselves into knots to make conservative speech sound hateful while ignoring the routine and open hatefulness that permeates the speech on their side and theirs alone.
    snip
    But with a bow to Coulter’s wisdom, there does seem to me to be one thing worth saying about Maher and the others. Their ugliness seems to be escalating day by day, and with it the dishonesty, distortions, and bullying anger of their mainstream-media fellow travelers.

There’s a reason for this, I think. It’s the increasingly apparent failure of Barack Obama. With the notable exception of Osama bin Laden’s execution, the Obama presidency has resembled nothing so much as an episode of Mr. Bean, one slapstick misadventure after another.

The stagnant economy, the rising unemployment, the staggering, soon-to-be-crippling debt—hiked more under Obama than under every president from Washington to Reagan combined—these can no longer be blamed on his predecessor but are his to own.

This has to be fantastically humiliating for our left-wing media. If you’ve forgotten what they were like during Obama’s 2008 candidacy—the weirdly sexual thrills up their legs, the unreasoning comparison of Obama with America’s greatest men, the pseudo-religious idolatry—you have only to turn to August’s edition of Esquire to find a representative reminder that has to be read to be believed.

It’s a column from Canadian writer Stephen Marche hilariously titled “How Can We Not Love Obama?” and subtitled “Because like it or not, he is all of us.” At one point, Marche writes: “‘I am large, I contain multitudes,’ Walt Whitman wrote, and Obama lives that lyrical prophecy.

” And later—and I swear I’m not making this up: “Barack Obama is developing into what Hegel called a ‘world-historical soul,’ an embodiment of the spirit of the times. He is what we hope we can be.”

What might once have been dismissed as an embarrassing lapse into bobby-soxer squealery now has to be recognized as a desperate attempt to keep a dying euphoria alive. Likewise the increasingly low and vulgar meanness of Maher and all his cronies.

http://www.city-journal.org/2011/eon0721ak.html

his lobotomy surgery failed
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    But with a bow to Coulter’s wisdom, there does seem to me to be one thing worth saying about Maher and the others. Their ugliness seems to be escalating day by day, and with it the dishonesty, distortions, and bullying anger of their mainstream-media fellow travelers.
    Coulter's wisdom? The lady thinks we bombed Egypt...

http://www.thenation.com/video/16191...s-bombed-egypt

Embarrassing.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post

Embarrassing.
    She displays much more intelligence than al the liberals combined and a thousand times more than your god, O Blah Blah. At least she knows basic economics, monetary logic, mathematical reason, and an accurate idea of how to pronounce Corpsman and the number of States in the United States.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Embarrassing.
    I bet she knows how many states are in the Union unlike the magic negro. lol

Embarrassing.
    Your brain is on vacation Hootie!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

If you compare Coulter to Maher, you find that her facts are true while his are often not, her humor is more often funny while his is course and vulgar, and her overall knowledge base has to be at least 10x more accurate. Of course, liberals hate her. She can poke holes in all their favorite theories, and lets the light in to show the inner flaws and intolerance. Liberals just can't stand "uppity" minorities, you know...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    If you compare Coulter to Maher, you find that her facts are true while his are often not, her humor is more often funny while his is course and vulgar, and her overall knowledge base has to be at least 10x more accurate. Of course, liberals hate her. She can poke holes in all their favorite theories, and lets the light in to show the inner flaws and intolerance. Liberals just can't stand "uppity" minorities, you know...
    It's amazing that Ann Coulter, someone who built a career on analyzing current events, could be so misinformed about the 2011 Egyptian revolution. Then again, her admirers believe everything she says or writes and so perhaps it's not surprising that she doesn't have to do her homework, so to speak, to impress them.
    Last edited by The Night Owl; 07-25-2011 at 12:16 PM.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

It's amazing Ann Coulter, someone who built a career on analyzing current events, could be so misinformed about the 2011 Egyptian revolution. Then again, her admirers believe everything she says or writes and so perhaps it's not surprising that she doesn't have to do her homework, so to speak, to impress them.
    Again she knows how many states that are in the US, while the magic negro does not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Again she knows how many states that are in the US, while the magic negro does not.
    That's just silly. All of us have at some point said one thing when we meant another thing. Obama saying "57 states" was just that sort of flub. What Coulter did on Real Time with Bill Maher was to forcefully argue that the US bombed Egypt or threatened to bomb Egypt. This is a very uninformed person we're talking about.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas