Oslo blast eyewitnesses: 'Total chaos'

Eyewitnesses have been giving their accounts of the chaos following the explosion by government buildings in the Norwegian capital Oslo....."I see that some windows of the VG [a popular Norwegian tabloid newspaper] building and the government headquarters have been broken," Ingunn Andersen, a journalist with Norwegian public radio NRK, said from the scene....."Some people covered with blood are lying in the street. There is glass everywhere. It is total chaos. The windows of the all the surrounding buildings have been blown out."

Ole Tommy Pedersen, who was standing at a bus stop about 100m (yds) from the blast scene, said he had seen almost all the windows in a 20-storey government building shatter, with smoke billowing from the bottom floors....."I saw three or four injured people being carried out of the building a few minutes later," he told the Associated Press news agency.

"The political centre of Oslo just exploded," wrote one Twitter user in the city, finansakrobat, who said he had narrowly missed being at the scene of the blast. ....I should have been standing in front of the blast. Just chance that I was late. I should be dead."

'Fearing the worst'
Siv Hartvigsen, who was visiting the city on holiday, said she had fled from the danger as soon as she could. ..."We were shopping at Eger Torget which is just above the Stortinget [Norway's parliament], and we just heard a big bang," she told the BBC.

"The whole building was shaking big time. We could see the hairdressers on the second floor of the building next door.

"Its windows were blown out as we watched it and then the fire alarm went and we had to run outside.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14252657