Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 Florida Taxpayers foot bill for Casey Anthony defense 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    No one knows where Casey Anthony is, but America's most notorious recent murder defendant doesn't have to fret about her legal bills reaching her.

    That's because $119,000 in defense fees racked up during her trial—which produced a shocking not-guilty verdict in her home jurisdiction of Orlando, Fla., earlier this month—have been picked up by Florida taxpayers. The same is true for another pending $5,800 in fees that Anthony's attorney Jose Baez has billed to his client's case, putting the overall taxpayer tab at just shy of $125,000.

    Public coffers have been covering the costs of Anthony's defense since March 2010, when she declared herself indigent. Anthony was standing trial for the murder of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, whose remains had been found on land near their home after Casey had misled police investigators with a false account of Caylee's purported kidnapping by a nanny.

    Casey Anthony had been sentenced to four years for providing false statements to the police. But after the three years she had served in custody while awaiting trial, her post-verdict sentence was just two weeks, and she was released on July 17. Then she went promptly into hiding; all her attorney Baez indicated to Orlando station WKMG is that "She's not here in Orlando."

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...155506468.html
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,041
    I predict she'll be hiding for a long time....she's probably the most hated woman in this state.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I predict she'll be hiding for a long time....she's probably the most hated woman in this state.
    I've heard she's getting her name changed, and I would totally expect her to just dissapear when her book deal goes through.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    I take it the $250K she got from ABC doesn't count as income?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I've heard she's getting her name changed, and I would totally expect her to just dissapear when her book deal goes through.

    She'll need plastic surgery as well...her face has been plastered over the news for a couple of years now. I doubt changing her name will give her any anominity.

    I don't think I've seen someone hated as much since Michael Vick.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    this whole thing has been blown so far out of proportion it's not even funny, frankly feel people need to grow up and move on. There are people who have done much more heinous crimes and gotten less hate than this woman
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    SEAduced SuperMod Hawkgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    4,041
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    this whole thing has been blown so far out of proportion it's not even funny, frankly feel people need to grow up and move on. There are people who have done much more heinous crimes and gotten less hate than this woman
    I disagree, they can be angry. Casey is hated because she was parading around town like a little slut, while her baby girl was missing/dead. She showed NO remorse. I think she deserves all the hate....regardless of jury verdict.
    Hell, even Jeffrey Dahmer was remorseful, before he was bludgeoned to death.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    42,998
    She's a POS that will get "hers".
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I disagree, they can be angry. Casey is hated because she was parading around town like a little slut, while her baby girl was missing/dead. She showed NO remorse. I think she deserves all the hate....regardless of jury verdict.
    Hell, even Jeffrey Dahmer was remorseful, before he was bludgeoned to death.


    whatever works to justify hating the woman, I pretty much put this case with the OJ case, a lot of circumstantial evidence and bad behavior that points to them doing it, BUT wasn't proven by the prosecution, but people still hate him. At lest with OJ we didn't have cases of people trying to kill innocent people because they happen to look like him.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,011
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post


    whatever works to justify hating the woman, I pretty much put this case with the OJ case, a lot of circumstantial evidence and bad behavior that points to them doing it, BUT wasn't proven by the prosecution, but people still hate him. At lest with OJ we didn't have cases of people trying to kill innocent people because they happen to look like him.
    Not even close to the OJ trial. The OJ prosecution team couldn't have done any better if they had actual video of the murders. I mean, Nichole and Goldman's blood inside his Bronco and on the bloody socks found on his bedroom floor. What the hell more do you want? The only reason why he was acquitted was because the jury didn't want another riot.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •