Hybrid View

1. #1 "Is Ron Paul calling For A Revolution Against The US Government ?" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Ron Paul: Physical Opposition to government may become Necessary

In a radio interview earlier this week, U.S. congressman Ron Paul said it may become necessary for citizens to resort to physical opposition if the government continues to erode civil liberties and commit international acts of aggression.

Asked by radio show host Alex Jones if he believed in the use of violence or other physical action to oppose an unjust government, Paul, a one-time presidential candidate for the Libertarian Party and a contender for the Republican presidential nomination until he dropped out of the race earlier this year, answered in the affirmative.

"Well, there's always that possibility that, that time will come." he said. "I believe in that."

Paul then cited Mahatma Gandhi, the Indian spiritual leader who led nonviolent demonstrations to promote the independence of India from Great Britain, and Martin Luther King, who used the same nonviolent techniques on behalf of the American civil rights movement in the 1960s, as examples of physical protest.

"When the state goes off track, you usually do have to stand up," he said. When to do so, he said, is "an individual personal decision."

Paul was interviewed by telephone from the Houston, Texas hospital where his wife, Carol Paul, is a patient.

On other matters, Paul said tickets for the Rally for the Republic, a September 2 event in Minneapolis, Minn. of which he is a chief sponsor, have been selling well. He said he expects to address the gathering in spite of his wife's poor health and hospitalization. His wife recently emerged from 12 days on a respirator, and her condition is improving, Paul said.

On the economy, Paul said he did not expect an improvement any time soon. "We' ve only had 25 percent of the correction that is necessary" Paul said. "I think it's going to get much worse."

Paul compared the American economic situation to Japan's downturn in the late 1980s. "Japan still essentially hasn't recovered," he said. The current economic downturn, said Paul, "could last a decade or longer."

http://macedoniaonline.eu/content/view/3279/53/

Sonnabend
    TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 115 > 2383

2383. Rebellion or insurrection

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 115 > 2385

2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government;

or

Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so; or

Whoever organizes or helps or attempts to organize any society, group, or
    assembly of persons who teach, advocate, or encourage the overthrow or destruction of any such government by force or violence; or becomes or is a member of, or affiliates with, any such society, group, or assembly of persons, knowing the purposes thereof—

Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

If two or more persons conspire to commit any offense named in this section, each shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

As used in this section, the terms “organizes” and “organize”, with respect to any society, group, or assembly of persons, include the recruiting of new members, the forming of new units, and the regrouping or expansion of existing clubs, classes, and other units of such society, group, or assembly of persons
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 09-07-2008 at 01:20 AM.

gator
    megimoo

You think you are real cute, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    megimoo

LOL :D

Meg's good at starting shit-storm threads, you have to give him that much.

Sonnabend
    Pot, kettle.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    LOL :D

Meg's good at starting shit-storm threads, you have to give him that much.
    It's not my intent to key the old fella off with every thing that I post.If I post an article on Israel he will wade into the middle and generate several hundred pages of tirade against them .I have tried to avoid setting him off but it isn't always easy .He lurks there ,the very 'Wrath of GOD', ready to pounce on any post he dislikes !

The Civil war,Abraham Lincoln,Israel,USS Liberty(That One I Can Understand ),Neo_Cons,Northern Critters and now Ron Paul are all out of bounds to any critical evaluations .

I haven't posted much on comparative religion but that would fire-up most of the others also .Maybe The American Revolutionary war is fair game, but no,there were too many Northern Yankees involved !
    Last edited by megimoo; 09-07-2008 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It's not my intent to key the old fella off with every thing that I post.If I post an article on Israel he will wade into the middle and generate several hundred pages of tirade against them .I have tried to avoid setting him off but it isn't always easy .He lurks there ,the very 'Wrath of GOD', ready to pounce on any post he dislikes !

The Civil war,Abraham Lincoln,Israel,USS Liberty(That One I Can Understand ),Neo_Cons,Northern Critters and now Ron Paul are all out of bounds to any critical evaluations .

I haven't posted much on comparative religion but that would fire-up most of the others also .Maybe The American Revolutionary war is fair game, but no,there were too many Northhern Yankees involved !
    Megs, treat it as a back-handed compliment.

You have a talent for starting threads that either sink without trace or end up getting a huge amount of traffic. And the whole point of CU is to debate, so keep doing what you do.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    megimoo

What are you talking about ,I admit the headline is mine and is a bit sensational
    but it if you read his words then my conclusion is accurate !

Have I changed anything,is it accurate ?The words used are his not mine and if my conclusion is in error please point it out to me !

My intent was to post an interesting article not to condemn Ron Paul !
    His words echo Thomas Jefferson's and by doing that he can't help but be correct !

"U.S. congressman Ron Paul said it may become necessary for citizens to resort to physical opposition if the government continues to erode civil liberties and commit international acts of aggression."

"if he believed in the use of violence or other physical action to oppose an unjust government,"
    "Well, there's always that possibility that, that time will come."