Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Your Basic Legalize Drugs Thread 
    drugs should be legalized, it's just modern prohibition, and how did that work out? end of story.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    drugs should be legalized, it's just modern prohibition, and how did that work out? end of story.
    A moron like you wants to legalize all drugs. Pathetic. What are you on Junior?

End of Story?
    No.
    Prohibition did fail. So did 55 MPH speed limits. Illegal abortions. Open borders. And cocaine use failed Len Bias, who is no longer with us. Lots of ideas have failed.

Drugs - including pot - should be illegal. There will always be those who "choose" to ruin their bodies, and I say "choose" because they are young and listen to nonsense such as the type that influenced young Bias.

Show me a method that a police officer can use to determine whether or not a driver is currently under the influence (like the .08% standard) and I'll talk about marijuana being legalized. But not until you show me.

Here's a question: How many lives are saved and minds properly developed because our government has said loud and clear that certain drugs are dangerous and therefore illegal. How many young people - like I was - have said, "No. It's illegal, and I guess I won't go down that road."

Herman Cain will stand against drug use, and I will stand with him.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    A moron like you wants to legalize all drugs. Pathetic. What are you on Junior?
    I'm actually not on drugs. not even weed. i think because of all the gang violence caused by drugs, legalization would cripple them, as ending prohibition hurt the mafia. i think the only time we could possibly end that violence, is if we had a 20 ft high concrete wall at the mexican border. but even then city gangs would still be killing eachother, and the prices would skyrocket even further, creating more incentive.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Here's a question: How many lives are saved and minds properly developed because our government has said loud and clear that certain drugs are dangerous and therefore illegal. How many young people - like I was - have said, "No. It's illegal, and I guess I won't go down that road."
    how many people, with their teenage, anarchistic tendencies have said, "its illegal = its cool"?

how many people die of gang violence and border wars over drugs?

a whole shitload

you did bring up a good point about the weed & driving, but i think a lot less people would be killed because all the gangs would be all but gone, with their biggest industry quashed

Banned
    how many people, with their teenage, anarchistic tendencies have said, "its illegal = its cool"?

how many people die of gang violence and border wars over drugs?

a whole shitload

you did bring up a good point about the weed & driving, but i think a lot less people would be killed because all the gangs would be all but gone, with their biggest industry quashed
    Usage of drugs will go up if they are legalized and crime will increase. You are naive if you think gang violence and crime will decrease. They make huge sums of money. Why should we encourage more people to take drugs? Society is already f.....d up enough as it is. Just recently, a teenager killed his two parents and had a house party afterwards. Betcha this kid was high on something.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Usage of drugs will go up if they are legalized and crime will increase. You are naive if you think gang violence and crime will decrease. They make huge sums of money. Why should we encourage more people to take drugs? Society is already f.....d up enough as it is. Just recently, a teenager killed his two parents and had a house party afterwards. Betcha this kid was high on something.
    Betcha $1 million cash the government illegalizing drugs didn't stop him from killing them

legalizing drugs isn't encouraging people to use them. If we legalized heroin tommorow, it doesn't mean Everyone is gonna start using it. Do you have that little faith in American citizens? (ok, maybe there...) but Drug addiction should be a medical problem, not a legal one. Putting people in jail for drug offences just teaches them how to smuggle and hide their drugs better.

And most of the money that those gangs make is FROM drugs
    Last edited by jnkbortka; 07-20-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Betcha $1 million cash the government illegalizing drugs didn't stop him from killing them

legalizing drugs isn't encouraging people to use them. If we legalized heroin tommorow, it doesn't mean Everyone is gonna start using it. Do you have that little faith in American citizens? (ok, maybe there...) but Drug addiction should be a medical problem, not a legal one. Putting people in jail for drug offences just teaches them how to smuggle and hide their drugs better.

And most of the money that those gangs make is FROM drugs
    And the bolded part shows just what a naive idiot you really are...well, that and supprting Ron Paul.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

........you did bring up a good point about the weed & driving, but i think a lot less people would be killed because all the gangs would be all but gone, with their biggest industry quashed........
    See, what I hear from so many people is that they will smoke pot in their own home, and the gov't has no right to regulate what you do in your home. Until a test is developed that will determine the degree of impairment that applies at any given moment - like that .08 thing - then we are all screwed.

Drug addiction is a behavior problem. And it's illegal. My vote will be to keep it that way.:)

Flu. That's a medical problem.
    Drugs. That's a behavior problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    And the bolded part shows just what a naive idiot you really are...well, that and supprting Ron Paul.
    Not really, its just saying that the government has no say in what you put in your own body. How do you think we can stop more gang violence? Drug legalization would keep less people in jail, thus saving money and reducing violence from trafficking and people being ripped off. I don't know why it's so hard for you to get this. The war on drugs is just modern prohibition