Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    no, it was cannabis, the AMA didn't even KNOW wtf "marijuana" was before it was made illegal
    You seem to be an expert on the subject matter. In that vain, you are probably a user.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You seem to be an expert on the subject matter. In that vain, you are probably a user.
    Even if I have smoked, wtf does it matter to you? It really doesn't take much to find the information. Hell I posted the quote from the AMA earlier in the thread, which said exactly that.

Recently the AMA has changed their stance and is closer to their 1937 stance than.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov...arijuana-ama11
    Medical marijuana gets a boost from major doctors group
    The American Medical Assn. changes its policy to promote clinical research and development of cannabis-based medicines and alternative delivery methods.
    November 11, 2009|John Hoeffel

The American Medical Assn. on Tuesday urged the federal government to reconsider its classification of marijuana as a dangerous drug with no accepted medical use, a significant shift that puts the prestigious group behind calls for more research.

The nation's largest physicians organization, with about 250,000 member doctors, the AMA has maintained since 1997 that marijuana should remain a Schedule I controlled substance, the most restrictive category, which also includes heroin and LSD.
    http://www.acponline.org/advocacy/wh...dmarijuana.pdf

http://americansforsafeaccess.org/do...ve_Summary.pdf

but hey, if you can't do a simple google search, not my problem.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

This thread makes me want an oxycontin.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Even if I have smoked, wtf does it matter to you? It really doesn't take much to find the information. Hell I posted the quote from the AMA earlier in the thread, which said exactly that.

Because you have skin in the game and that tints your opinion. That is why it matters. Many people that do drugs want it to be legalized because of the criminal justice system and loss of employment. Kinda of self serving.

I think medical marijuana should be legal. It helps those with cancer and I can see the benefits. However, it is easier to get a Dr prescription in some states for that than it is for a fat lazy jackass to get a handicap sticker or lic.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 08-24-2011 at 12:50 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    This thread makes me want an oxycontin.
    Go for it. The benefits may be the elimination of one more liberal druggie.

Define illegal drugs. If a individual sells Oxycontin, which he has a RX for, the drug remains legal but the sale is illegal. Do you agree that a legal drug becomes illegal when sold by a pusher?

You are correct. Donations are voluntary. However, some may think that those that can afford to donate but do not are freeloaders. :eek:
    I'm not indulging your goalpost moving. It's becoming almost liberal in it's silliness.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Go for it. The benefits may be the elimination of one more liberal druggie.

Maybe I'll just get shit faced drunk instead.

It's more socially acceptable.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    I'm not indulging your goalpost moving. It's becoming almost liberal in it's silliness.

~QC
    Not moving the goalposts at all. The toxicology report stated by the family was the one that mentioned illegal drugs. If drugs (illegal or legal) drugs are found in her system, it will be you that is eating crow. If the autopsy says otherwise I will do the same. Fair enough or do you want to continue with your silliness.