Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    It appears as though you "legalize drug" proponents are concerned with the large prison population as a main reason to legalize it. I say we throw liberals in prison. Liberalism is the main reason we have poverty and crime increasing in this country.
    damn first ammendment!

i disagree with what you say but i will defend to the death your right to say it!

on poverty? yes. on crime? no.
    Last edited by jnkbortka; 07-22-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Not to argue with what you are saying, but our government funded public schools are screwing up more young minds than some drugs could ever hope to.
    Of course, your comment was rhetorical. Public schools, while inadequate, could not hope to damage the mind the way drugs, which kill, do.

Last edited by jnkbortka; 07-22-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Not to argue with what you are saying, but our government funded public schools are screwing up more young minds than some drugs could ever hope to.
    Not true when I went to school. Today we have bad teachers, bad school boards, no discipline, bad parents, etc. There is nothing wrong with public school. It is society that is f....up and you want to add another layer of bad behavior in the schools and the work place. People doing drugs at work is quite prevalent. You legalize it and usage and crime will will increase. Looks like the governmental officials in the Netherlands found that out cause they have closed down half of the prostitution and drugs houses because of crime .

Banned
    They started out on pot too. Then progressed to more potent drugs like oxycontin.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    They started out on pot too. Then progressed to more potent drugs like oxycontin.
    Alcohol and tobacco are most often before weed which are legal too

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Correlation does not imply causation. This is a basic logical fallacy.

The vast majority of heroin addicts tried coffee and soda before becoming addicted to smack. Is caffeine a gateway drug?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Correlation does not imply causation. This is a basic logical fallacy.

The vast majority of heroin addicts tried coffee and soda before becoming addicted to smack. Is caffeine a gateway drug?
    Does coffee or soda cause irrational behavior? Do they cause euphoria? Do they cloud judgement or impair motor skills?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

[QUOTE=Wei Wu Wei;435172.........The vast majority of heroin addicts tried coffee and soda before becoming addicted to smack...............[/QUOTE]

How do you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    How do you know that?
    It's a culture thing...:p
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot