Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 any strength trainers? 
    The big Cheese
    Sound off if you sling steel!
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Sound off if you sling steel!
    Do you realize how gay that sounded?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Do you realize how gay that sounded?
    Since you happen to be a fag its understandable that everything sounds gay to you....

Pre baby, I did the stations at my gym, not free weights with the exception of curls.

I don't have a gym membership now, but itching to go back, mainly for swimming.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Pre baby, I did the stations at my gym, not free weights with the exception of curls.

Machines are great for starters and for rehab but for strength building I recomend free weights. A hack squat machine can't come close to doing real Squats. And a leg press is not the same as a dead lift in any regard. I used to only use machines, but when I started doing free weights only then did I start to see real strength gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

I did circuit training at the gym in St Louis, along with a lot of water aerobics. LifeTime Fitness was the most amazing gym I've ever seen. They have one in Florida, but it's a long drive to Boca Raton (other side of the state on the east coast).

It was a granite paradise, granite floors, benches, walls, showers, etc. It was a visual pleasure. And it seemed like they had acres of machines and a huge free weight area. Albert Pujols worked out there sometimes during the off season.

I joined a gym associated with Sarasota Memorial Hospital, the HealthPlex, but it's downright depressing. Most of the people look like they're in their 80's and 90's and can barely walk. It's like working out in the retirement home. SR went with me there once and wouldn't return.

I've been hiding out as I took a leave of absence in February (and didn't have to pay the $59 a month) because I was supposed to have my knee replacement surgery. When SR went into the hospital, I had to cancel the surgery. It's ironic, my leave is running out Aug 1st and I think I'll probably get the surgery in September. I hope I just have to pay a couple months and then cancel the membership. It's just too depressing plus I have to wait forever to use the equipment, as they only have one of everything. Bummer.

But if you have a heart attack in the gym, there are the nurses there to help. I guess that's a benefit. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I did circuit training at the gym in St Louis, along with a lot of water aerobics. LifeTime Fitness was the most amazing gym I've ever seen. They have one in Florida, but it's a long drive to Boca Raton (other side of the state on the east coast).

It was a granite paradise, granite floors, benches, walls, showers, etc. It was a visual pleasure. And it seemed like they had acres of machines and a huge free weight area. Albert Pujols worked out there sometimes during the off season.

I
    I looked into that gym, which isn't too far away from me, but it was expensive...I don't recall the exact amount right now. But now that I think about it..the YMCA is right around the same as LifeTime for a family membership...I really need to join...one that offers babysitting services. I can tell my muslces have atrophied....I want to get back into shape.

I let my food exercise.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Since you happen to be a fag its understandable that everything sounds gay to you....

"The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post

Lame....