Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    There is nothing tasteful in smoking weed.
    That's nothing more than a personal opinion.

Most people that drink like the taste of it. There is nothing tasteful in smoking weed. It is smoked for the effect. You fail there. Drugs affect people differently. At least you got that part right. BTW, if it takes more than one joint to get high, you are an addict and worthless as piss on a hot rock.

The reason many want to legalize it is so they do not get in trouble with the law and fear of losing their job. Like I said, drug testing will continue if pot is legalized. Employers do not want drug addled employees. Even a hypocrite like you should understand that fact.
    That's perfectly fine if employers want to test their employees. Personally I don't agree with firing people for what they do when they aren't on the job, but that's up to the employer.

This has nothing to do with marijuana laws. The discussion about marijuana laws has to do with the role of the government in dictating what you can put into your body, the reasonability of such laws based on health and social concerns, and the cost of such laws from law enforcement. This is about the government, not the employers.

Like I said many times already, I don't use marijuana or any other illegal substances. This is not about "not wanting to get in trouble" or about "losing my job". This is about sane policy based on evidence, reason, and even a little common sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    That's nothing more than a personal opinion.
    You mean you have never gagged/coughed while smoking pot? You are a pro at taste testing. Right.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    That's perfectly fine if employers want to test their employees. Personally I don't agree with firing people for what they do when they aren't on the job, but that's up to the employer.

This has nothing to do with marijuana laws. The discussion about marijuana laws has to do with the role of the government in dictating what you can put into your body, the reasonability of such laws based on health and social concerns, and the cost of such laws from law enforcement. This is about the government, not the employers.

Like I said many times already, I don't use marijuana or any other illegal substances. This is not about "not wanting to get in trouble" or about "losing my job". This is about sane policy based on evidence, reason, and even a little common sense.
    Legalization will bring legal challenges in court for hiring practices and firing present employees. If you think that the 9th Circut would not uphold an employees lawsuit claiming discriminatory practices or that his rights were violated, you are nuts.

There are many things that are bad for you. Marijuana is one of those substance. It is just good common sense to keep it illegal so that usage will not increase. Legalization would result in government taxation and the hiring of more union workers.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

There are many things that are bad for you. Marijuana is one of those substance. It is just good common sense to keep it illegal so that usage will not increase. Legalization would result in government taxation and the hiring of more union workers.
    and yet all you have is anecdotal evidence and not facts, even this article is only talking about long term habitual use that they aren't even sure if it IS bad or not for the CB1 to be down regulated. Sorry man that's just not enough to make it illegal to the extent that it is.

the legalization should go back to the other thread, this isn't about that.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and yet all you have is anecdotal evidence and not facts, even this article is only talking about long term habitual use that they aren't even sure if it IS bad or not for the CB1 to be down regulated. Sorry man that's just not enough to make it illegal to the extent that it is.
    More Americans agree with me that it should not be legal. Sorry man; that's just how the mop flops.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    More Americans agree with me that it should not be legal. Sorry man; that's just how the mop flops.
    http://people-press.org/2011/03/03/s...social-issues/
    Increased Support for Legalization of Marijuana

The public is divided over whether the use of marijuana should be legal or not; half (50%) oppose legalization while nearly as many (45%) favor legalizing marijuana. Support for legalizing marijuana is up slightly since March, 2010; and over the past 40 years – drawing on trends from Gallup and the General Social Survey – support for legalizing marijuana has never been higher.

Young people under the age of 30 favor legalizing the use of marijuana by a 54%-42% margin. Opinion is divided among those in middle age groups. Those 65 and older are broadly opposed to legalization (66% illegal, 30% legal).

A slim majority of Democrats (53%) favor legalizing the use of marijuana, while 43% are opposed. Support is particularly high among liberal Democrats, 66% of whom support legalization. Republicans, by contrast, oppose legalization by a wide 67%-30% margin and there are only modest differences between conservative Republicans and moderate and liberal Republicans– majorities of both groups oppose legalization. Independents are divided in their views: 49% say marijuana should be legal, 45% illegal.

About as many favor as oppose legalizing marijuana among those with some college experience. By contrast, those with no college experience oppose legalization by a 55%-40% margin.

no, not really
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

You mean you have never gagged/coughed while smoking pot? You are a pro at taste testing. Right.
    If that's the criteria I'll have to give up my girlfriends porkchops.

Let's see, medical marijuana is legalized, outright legalization is being considered in several states and around here if you're caught with an ounce or less it's nothing more than a summary offence.

Combine that with this conservative commissioned poll that says 52% of Americans favor legalization and I'd say the pendulum is swinging away from you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Let's see, medical marijuana is legalized, outright legalization is being considered in several states and around here if you're caught with an ounce or less it's nothing more than a summary offence.

Combine that with this conservative commissioned poll that says 52% of Americans favor legalization and I'd say the pendulum is swinging away from you.
    Get off the bong.Another one of Zogy's bullshit polls states that Obama should get tough with Israel to stop the settlements by a 40% for to 26% against. It does not get any more squirrely than that.

Growing marijuana is not legal in any state even in a f....up state like CA. Plus, holding up Arnold as poster boy for legal marijuana, who is a lying scum bag politician, really advances the cause.

Let's see, do you live in a red or blue state?
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-25-2011 at 07:52 PM.