1. #1 Roughly a Fourth of Gay Teens are Homeless 
    by Tom Henderson
    Jul 22nd 2011 4:00PM

Credit: Getty Images
    Roughly 25 percent of gay and lesbian teenagers are homeless.

Compare that with only 3 percent of heterosexual teens, and you get the bleak picture painted by a study coming out of Children's Hospital in Boston.

A press released reports researchers studied more than 6,300 high school students. Not only were homosexual students dramatically more likely to be homeless, but a lot of them (homeless or not) were simply on their own with no parents or guardians.

The study was published online July 21 by the American Journal of Public Health and is the first to measure the risk of homelessness among teens of different sexual orientations.

"Prior studies in homeless street youth have found that sexual minorities occur in much higher numbers than we'd expect based on their numbers in the community in general," lead researcher Heather Corliss of the Division of Adolescent and Young Adult Medicine at Children's Hospital, says in the release. "This study looked at the magnitude of the difference for the first time."

Corliss adds the study will hopefully will raise awareness of the vulnerability of gay and lesbian teenagers to homelessness. She particularly hopes school administrators and other professionals will take heed.
    Read More>http://www.parentdish.com/2011/07/22...-are-homeless/
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Are they simply homeless gays, homeless because they are gay, or gay because they are homeless? Sorry, but I had to ask.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Are they simply homeless gays, homeless because they are gay, or gay because they are homeless? Sorry, but I had to ask.
    Fair question methinks. I also have another one. What precipitated this? Were they acting the fool all along (disrespect, staying out late, bad grades, petty criminality) and then coming out of the closet was the final straw? Or were these good/mediocre, law abiding, everyday kids who confided in their parents about their sexuality and betrayed/abused/abandoned?

I know the media wants to depict every homeless gay teen as the latter, but. . . let's not be idiots here. Some kids just ain't shyt, gay or straight.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Fair question methinks. I also have another one. What precipitated this? Were they acting the fool all along (disrespect, staying out late, bad grades, petty criminality) and then coming out of the closet was the final straw? Or were these good/mediocre, law abiding, everyday kids who confided in their parents about their sexuality and betrayed/abused/abandoned?

I know the media wants to depict every homeless gay teen as the latter, but. . . let's not be idiots here. Some kids just ain't shyt, gay or straight.

~QC
    I agree. I think there is much more to the story.

I think they are most likely homeless then turn gay. Males turn to sucking cock to pay for what they need. Females turn to women for companionship w/o risk of creating another mouth to feed.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post

That's a good question. The survey just determined what percentage of gay youth are homeless, without considering any other factor than their sexual orientation. Are they homeless alone, or is their whole family homeless? Did they run away from home, or from the foster care system? Did they get kicked out of their home for being gay, or for being an obnoxious teen?

My guess is that this study was done to prove that gay kids have it harder than straight kids, not to help come up with any solutions to teenage homelessness.