Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I looked into that gym, which isn't too far away from me, but it was expensive...I don't recall the exact amount right now. But now that I think about it..the YMCA is right around the same as LifeTime for a family membership...I really need to join...one that offers babysitting services. I can tell my muslces have atrophied....I want to get back into shape.
    It was almost the same as the Y in St Louis, too. They had free babysitting, in fact the kids area was very nice. They also had tons of activities for the kiddies, including little classes during the day. I used to see the kids with their counselors when I was taking my water aerobic classes.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I have been into the 12 oz curl lately! :D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    It was almost the same as the Y in St Louis, too. They had free babysitting, in fact the kids area was very nice. They also had tons of activities for the kiddies, including little classes during the day. I used to see the kids with their counselors when I was taking my water aerobic classes.

I called Lifetime yesterday and got some info. Their all inclusive (onyx plan, I think) is $119/month plus $5 for babysitting. Bonus is I could take my kid into the outdoor pool with me. The salesguy said it looks like the Four Season. Reviews basically confirmed everything he said...everyone was blown away by how nice it is. The local Y is 89/month and is probably not as nice, but closer to me. Lifetime is about 15-20 minute drive for me. They will give me a day pass to try it out. It has a salon, spa, yoga, a cafe..and what looks like a nice kids area. I just think it's a bit costly so I'm going to think about it before I go...

I called Lifetime yesterday and got some info. Their all inclusive (onyx plan, I think) is $119/month plus $5 for babysitting. Bonus is I could take my kid into the outdoor pool with me. The salesguy said it looks like the Four Season. Reviews basically confirmed everything he said...everyone was blown away by how nice it is. The local Y is 89/month and is probably not as nice, but closer to me. Lifetime is about 15-20 minute drive for me. They will give me a day pass to try it out. It has a salon, spa, yoga, a cafe..and what looks like a nice kids area. I just think it's a bit costly so I'm going to think about it before I go...
    That's about what I paid for it. But it was worth it. Of course I was working then so didn't have to think about the $'s as much. The place here costs $59 a month, but is a real downer, particularly since I got spoiled.

Ask if they'll be having specials. They're sales guys. You can always drive a bargain for them. And I know they can give more than a day pass. I could have had a week's pass for free.

They change specials from time to time. The seasons are so different here than in St Louis. In Sarasota it's really slow as most of the snowbirds are gone. I've noticed at the Healthplex they have all kinds of deals going on, including the summer free if you refer another guest. Maybe if you have any friends who are interested, you could work out a good deal.

I'm learning that everything is negotiable. :D

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

It has a salon, spa, yoga, a cafe..
    Mmmm, cafe!:)
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Mmmm, cafe!:)
    Yes, I can see myself ordering latte's, wraps and smoothies..and blowing my workout to hell:(

Yes, I can see myself ordering latte's, wraps and smoothies..and blowing my workout to hell:(
    Do they have a rock climbing wall and basketball courts? The one in St Louis had them. The whirlpools were really nice, had two huge ones in the indoor pool areas (had a lap pool and an enormous general pool indoors) and a lap pool and another enormous pool outdoors.

They also had swimming classes for the kids and swim teams.

The food was mostly healthy stuff. SR hated it: I loved it. :D

"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Do they have a rock climbing wall and basketball courts? The one in St Louis had them. The whirlpools were really nice, had two huge ones in the indoor pool areas (had a lap pool and an enormous general pool indoors) and a lap pool and another enormous pool outdoors.

They also had swimming classes for the kids and swim teams.

The food was mostly healthy stuff. SR hated it: I loved it. :D

Yes they do...but that's not for me....I'll be taking yoga, pilates, maybe some sort of aerobic class, like zumba, but mostly swimming...followed by the hot tub of course.
    They also offer massage, facials, mani's pedi's...sauna, steam room....I'll be hitting that up too. :D

Also, they will watch little hawk for 2 hour stretches...

Too bad you're not in this area...we could do the buddy system...this is too expensive for my friends.:(

Yes they do...but that's not for me....I'll be taking yoga, pilates, maybe some sort of aerobic class, like zumba, but mostly swimming...followed by the hot tub of course.
    They also offer massage, facials, mani's pedi's...sauna, steam room....I'll be hitting that up too. :D

Also, they will watch little hawk for 2 hour stretches...

Too bad you're not in this area...we could do the buddy system...this is too expensive for my friends.:(
    They used to have a tai chi in the pool class. I loved it, but the instructor quit and they could never find anyone else to do it. All the classes were included, except the "hot yoga" and the pilates on the machine (the torture rack). The regular mat pilates classes were free.

I really miss that place. Sarasota is too small of a market for them to build here. Sigh. I just really dislike the place where I have the membership. It really makes me realize that I'm living in God's waiting room here in Sarasota.

"

Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    Lame....
    Your point? :p
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers