Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The director's other work referenced in the OP's post, Man on Wire, is well worth watching. It's a BW film about the French bloke who walked a high-wire between WTC1 and 2.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That's because apes are smarter than hippies.
    Damned straight.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Good thing PETA wasn't around then....

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post

HA!!! I was thinking the same. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    The project was a clusterfuck from the beginning. Have you see how hippies raise kids? Not one bit of discipline. They allow the kid to decide what is right or wrong in their own mind. They did the same thing with the ape. Even apes discipline their young in the wild.

The upside of that is when the children of hippies rebel against their parents, they do so by becoming normal people.

People just can't understand that chimps aren't little fuzzy people. A girl at my office used to dream about getting a chimp and having matching outfits. She truly was saving her cash to buy one. No matter what I told her, she wouldn't listen. I even gave her info from the curator of primates at the STL Zoo, warning people to NEVER get primates as pets.

I can't tell you how many people try to give out of control exotic animals to zoos when they can no longer handle them. I chimp sat a baby chimp at the zoo whose mother had been physically abusive to him. Little Hugo (now big Huge-O, the dominant chimp) was adorable but terrified of everything.

The zookeepers had selected volunteers come to the zoo after hours and keep him company, change his diapers, keep him from getting too lonely. The first time he was switched from the children's zoo to underneath the Jungle of the Apes, he was terrified of the noises from the gorillas.

By the time he was one year old, they pulled us from the project. I tried to pick him up one evening and he bared his teeth at me. That was my last time with baby Hugo.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The upside of that is when the children of hippies rebel against their parents, they do so by becoming normal people.

"Mom and dad were hippies. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but I just wanted some normalcy in my life after all of the years of communes and VW microbuses. Nothing beats a bespoke suit, a multi-million dollar townhouse and a BMW in the garage. Now, I hate to cut this short, but I'm having dinner with a supermodel and I don't want to keep Giselle waiting. Ciao."
    Last edited by Odysseus; 07-26-2011 at 02:05 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!