1. #1 Hmmmm, Rick Perry to announce in late August 
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ch_110695.html

(snip)

For months, Republican activists, donors, elected officials, and even voters have dithered about their choices in the 2012 presidential primary contest. This is especially true of grass-roots conservatives who have clamored for someone else to enter the fray, only to be disappointed by the likes of Indiana Rep. Mike Pence, South Dakota Sen. John Thune, Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee -- all of whom declared this year they would not be candidates, in that order.

But they may have their man in Rick Perry, a telegenic and booming political presence who boasts executive experience as the nation's longest serving governor, as well as a healthy level of support from the tea party faithful. The governor's wife, Anita, has given him her blessing for a national campaign, and now that anticipation of a Perry candidacy is reaching a fever pitch, he is poised to jump into the race next month.

(snip)

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Going to cut it close making hard for him to win.

Thursday, August 11

Saturday, August 13

He's out of the Iowa Debate and the Iowa Straw Poll. Officially. This can help as well as hurt as this is the first "Get to know" debate. Helpful as his supporters haven't been able to get the word out effectively about him yet, hurtful in many funding supporters do decide who to support from these debates and polls.

Wednesday, September 7

If it is real late in announcing, this is his last true best chance to get out word of who he is and what he stands for. He is really cutting it close.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Banned
    Cutting it close but maybe he wants to make sure that Palin, Christie or Bush does not jump in at the last moment.

Perry is better than Romney and the rest of the field excluding Bachmann but he is still a career politician which turns me off. However, I say the more the merrier that enter the race.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Christie & Bush are both out. Both have stated so for weeks.

Palin is the only true wild card. I don't see her running, but as a true wild card, I can't say for sure.

One of the bennies of not running at this time is, if he has poor showing in the Iowa Straw poll, it could doom his chances of getting support or winning as people could view him as un-winnable as he showed poorly. Thus causing many to look to better preforming candidates. He and his supporters haven't done much in Iowa campaign wise, so this can hurt in the straw poll here. As he is still a unknown to many.

But his time is running out. He needs a strong out of the gate showing to win that support.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Christie & Bush are both out. Both have stated so for weeks.

Palin is the only true wild card. I don't see her running, but as a true wild card, I can't say for sure.

One of the bennies of not running at this time is, if he has poor showing in the Iowa Straw poll, it could doom his chances of getting support or winning as people could view him as un-winnable as he showed poorly. Thus causing many to look to better preforming candidates. He and his supporters haven't done much in Iowa campaign wise, so this can hurt in the straw poll here. As he is still a unknown to many.

But his time is running out. He needs a strong out of the gate showing to win that support.
    There's a bunch of folks twisting Christie and to a lesser degree Bush's arm to run. Never seen a politician that did not have an ego the size of the Grand Canyon so if either one thinks they can win it is still possible they may jump in at the last moment. I do agree that time is running out, and if he is going to run he needs to do it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Going to cut it close making hard for him to win.

Thursday, August 11

Saturday, August 13

He's out of the Iowa Debate and the Iowa Straw Poll. Officially. This can help as well as hurt as this is the first "Get to know" debate. Helpful as his supporters haven't been able to get the word out effectively about him yet, hurtful in many funding supporters do decide who to support from these debates and polls.

Wednesday, September 7

If it is real late in announcing, this is his last true best chance to get out word of who he is and what he stands for. He is really cutting it close.
    Where is his path without Iowa? Is he banking on New Hampshire or a strong South Carolina?

Iowa is the first sip of the Evangelical Tea.

Gotta remember that races are won at the finish line, not the starting line.

1. Perry had back surgery this month.
    2. Perry is still governor of Texas.
    3. Romney, Perry's presumed opponent, is essentually unemployed.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...3994306.column
    (snip)

Perry says he may not decide whether to run until Labor Day, but the mere possibility was enough to vault him into second place in two polls released last week, close behind the dogged but unloved frontrunner, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney. (Rep. Michele Bachmann of Minnesota, who unlike Perry is actually running, came in third.)

(snip)

The point is that most Republican voters haven't found their dream candidate yet. There's a big hole in the Republican field, and it's made to order for a Southern governor who's conservative on social issues but not censorious, and who'd rather talk about cutting government spending and holding down taxes.

(snip)
    In the Missouri primary, I'll vote for Perry. Come November, 2012, I'll vote Republican! BTW, I'll be '74 then.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Gotta remember that races are won at the finish line, not the starting line.

1. Perry had back surgery this month.
    2. Perry is still governor of Texas.
    3. Romney, Perry's presumed opponent, is essentually unemployed.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/...3994306.column
    In the Missouri primary, I'll vote for Perry. Come November, 2012, I'll vote Republican! BTW, I'll be '74 then.
    For the most part, this just reminds me of the Fred Thompson mini-boom back in 2008.

And when I hear Republicans haven't found their "dream candidate" yet, what they seem to mean is they haven't settled on a Not-Romney yet. Iowa-New Hampshire-South Carolina is where that will get done (I am leaving out Nevada since I think Romney has that in hand). Possibly Michigan and Florida. By the time it gets to Super Tuesday, it is a two man (gender neutral) race with one of the men (gender neutral) being Romney.

As the above poster stated, if he does what Thompson did, he'll have the same outcome. If he is serious about running, he should announce..and get into the debates early on so he gets some name recognition and his views are out there.

I like him better than Romney, and probably tie with Bauchman...I want to see more of both.