Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 109
  1. #11  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    ok, all widely discussed options.

    evolution, intelligent design, and creation... besides, scientology is a cult
    Astrology is widely discussed. Should that be taught in schools too?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Does anyone care about this?
    Not really. You seem to think that life originated from pond scum...

    I think you need to evolve further.....:eek:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,026
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Astrology is widely discussed. Should that be taught in schools too?
    Knock it off dipshit....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Does anyone care about this?
    I do, but I am on your side of this issue. Evolution is what should be taught in science class. Creationism/Genesis is for Sunday School or literature class.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Not really. You seem to think that life originated from pond scum...
    In the case of Shit Bird he did come from pond scum...and then stopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I think you need to evolve further.....:eek:
    You know you're asking for the impossible with that.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Does anyone care about this?
    Not if you do. Take the hint.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Does anyone care about this?

    I do, and this is good.

    Accepted scientific theories should be taught in science class.

    We don't want holocaust denial to be taught in history class, just because many people believe that. We shouldn't teach "both sides" of the "debate" either, letting the kids decide whether or not the holocaust really happened. That is stupid.

    Present the facts as we best know them, simple as that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    I do, and this is good.

    Accepted scientific theories should be taught in science class.

    We don't want holocaust denial to be taught in history class, just because many people believe that. We shouldn't teach "both sides" of the "debate" either, letting the kids decide whether or not the holocaust really happened. That is stupid.

    Present the facts as we best know them, simple as that.
    sure, but present it as a theory not a fact
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    TehYuk
    Posts
    3,727
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    sure, but present it as a theory not a fact
    Good post. You have it exact.
    20010911
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    sure, but present it as a theory not a fact
    and teach what a scientific theory is
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •