Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 NFL Lockout is OVER!!!! 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Finally, we get some real sports news, the NFLPA agreed to the deal voted on by the Owners last week

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/67...ittee-oks-deal

The NFL Players Association executive board and 32 team reps have voted unanimously to approve the terms of a deal to the end the 4˝-month lockout.

Peyton Manning, one of the 10 named plaintiffs in the players' antitrust lawsuit against the NFL, said in a statement, "I want to get back to work."

"My objectives were two-fold when joining the group of named plaintiffs in the labor-related lawsuit. First, to show unified strength on behalf of benefitting all players; second, to see a resolution that recognizes the interests of players and management. I believe both objectives have been achieved," Manning said in the statement. "As a fan of the game, I'm pleased the two sides have reached a deal and, as a professional, I want to get back to work."

Manning was invited to attend the NFLPA press conference Monday but said he was unable to do so because of his rehabilitation and therapy recovering from neck surgery on May 23 to repair a bulging disk.

According to the timeline for league business to begin, trades can be made beginning Tuesday and free-agent signings can be filed with the league office Friday at 6 p.m. ET.

Teams may begin negotiating with unrestricted free agents beginning Tuesday.

A source at the highest-level had earlier told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that those talks might begin as soon as Monday afternoon and the league year would have begun Aug. 2, if the NFL Players Association signed off on it.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Time for the next pick 'em tournament!

Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post
    Time for the next pick 'em tournament!
    and more Jen bashing. woot.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    and more Jen bashing. woot.
    Ahahahahahahaha! OMG. I love your avatar! My dream is coming true. We're going to confuse the shit out of the admins. :D

Ahahahahahahaha! OMG. I love your avatar! My dream is coming true. We're going to confuse the shit out of the admins. :D
    Just don't get me banned when you piss them off. :D

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Just don't get me banned when you piss them off. :D
    What are you talking about? Everyone here loves me! ;)

The next week or two is gonna be crazy. A whole offseason's worth of free agency and trades packed in a week or two.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

didn't figure these high priced over paid jockstaps would sit it out with no $$$$ coming in
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The next week or two is gonna be crazy. A whole offseason's worth of free agency and trades packed in a week or two.
    no kidding the insanity starts tomorrow with undrafted free agents being signed
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Everyone here loves me! ;)
    I know. I hate that about you.

back on topic: Rumors are Favre will be an Eagle. Dear God NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Make it stop. Please.