1. #1 Rep. David Wu resigning from House after being accused of making sexual advances... 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Embattled U.S. Rep. David Wu will resign from the House of Representatives after being accused of making unwanted sexual advances toward a fundraiser's daughter, he announced Tuesday.

In a statement issued by his office, the seven-term Oregon Democrat said he would step down once the current standoff between Congress and the White House over raising the U.S. debt ceiling is resolved.

"I cannot care for my family the way I wish while serving in Congress and fighting these very serious allegations," Wu said. "The well-being of my children must come before anything else."

On Friday, Portland newspaper The Oregonian reported that the daughter of one of Wu's fundraisers accused him of unwanted sexual advances in May. Citing anonymous sources from inside the congressman's office, The Oregonian said the woman, whom it declined to name, left a voice-mail message at Wu's Portland office alleging aggressive advances.

According to the newspaper, the woman was 18 when the alleged incident took place in November and it was never reported to police.

LINK
    Last edited by ralph wiggum; 07-26-2011 at 02:04 PM.
    May the FORCE be with you!

His press secretary, Eeyore, was quoted as saying, "It was only a matter of time before this happened. Nobody is surprised."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Oregon Democrat David Wu's 'bizarre' tiger-suit photo

A picture of the congressman in a children's costume has raised questions about his psychological well-being.

In the run-up to November's election, staff members working for Rep. David Wu (D-Ore.) expressed growing concern that their boss was mentally unstable, the Portland Oregonian reported last week. Wu's worrisome antics, which included "loud and angry behavior," saying "kooky things to staffers," and lambasting his opponent as being "stingy with tips," led Wu's staff to keep him away from the public for three days before the election, and to make inquiries at nearby psychiatric clinics. Wu also sent a series of strange middle-of-the-night e-mails, including a "bizarre" one in which the congressman posed in a tiger suit.

After Wu won a seventh term in the House, six staffers, including his chief of staff and campaign pollster, resigned.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    His press secretary, Eeyore, was quoted as saying, "It was only a matter of time before this happened. Nobody is surprised."
    Funny the first time i read about this sicko I didnt see what party he belonged to, well that told me what party he was a member of :D