Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Romney-Bachmann tied in Iowa 
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://liberty-today.com/?p=584
    WATERLOO — Congresswoman Michele Bachmann announced her candidacy for President on Monday, June 27 in her hometown of Waterloo, Iowa.

Just hours before, the first Iowa Poll of the campaign was released by the prestigious Des Moines Register, and the news couldn’t have been better for the Bachmann campaign.

The Iowa Poll had Bachmann and presumptive front-runner Mitt Romney in a virtual dead-heat among likely Republican caucus-goers. Romney was at 23 percent, Bachmann at 22, Herman Cain at 10, Ron Paul at 7, and Tim Pawlenty at 6. It was a major boost for Bachmann going into the Iowa Straw Poll set for Aug. 13 in Ames.
    pretty interesting, Cain's not doing too bad, beating out the Ronulan
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

ya it's interesting alright.....it shows the Republican party in Iowa hasn't learned a damn thing about it's core beliefs if Romney is picking up a quarter of the votes. :(
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    ya it's interesting alright.....it shows the Republican party in Iowa hasn't learned a damn thing about it's core beliefs if Romney is picking up a quarter of the votes. :(
    True....Romney===RINO's.

I'm not sure if I like either one of them. :D

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I'm not sure if I like either one of them. :D
    Me neither. I think we need someone like Perry or Palin that will fight like hell for oil and natural gas exploration which will provide millions of great paying jobs. New discoveries in PA, TX and the mountain states have boosted federal and state coffers.

Romney would not be that much different than the O. Kinda in between the O and Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Me neither. I think we need someone like Perry or Palin that will fight like hell for oil and natural gas exploration which will provide millions of great paying jobs. New discoveries in PA, TX and the mountain states have boosted federal and state coffers.

Romney would not be that much different than the O. Kinda in between the O and Bush.
    I started to like Bachmann but then some of her comments kinda turned me off.

I agree. We need our own oil and we need jobs.

I am surprised Romney is doing so well.

But the Not-Romney hasn't been picked yet. Sooner or later (I figure shortly after South Carolina), it will occur.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    ...the prestigious Des Moines Register...
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I am surprised Romney is doing so well.

But the Not-Romney hasn't been picked yet. Sooner or later (I figure shortly after South Carolina), it will occur.
    Romney isn't "doing so well" the fact that he's given up there, and that Bachman has gained pretty significantly shows a lot. He's the perceived front runner that will look like a loser come South Carolina
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Romney isn't "doing so well" the fact that he's given up there, and that Bachman has gained pretty significantly shows a lot. He's the perceived front runner that will look like a loser come South Carolina
    I thought Iowa was a given for Bachmann just like Nevada is a given for Romney.

Seriously, I am surprised he is that close in Iowa.