1. #1 A question about Obama's honor 
    link

MouseFitzgerald (146 posts) Tue Jul-26-11 06:43 PM
    Original message
    A question about Obama's honor

Throughout the last week or two its become very obvious that John Boehner has no respect at all for this president. Obama has been holding meetings and the word is that they are usually pretty cordial and they always say that they were productive. Then John Boehner or Eric Cantor or Mitch McConnell then go on various media outlets and bash Obama and lie about what he has been offering and not offering and whatever.

Now as a human being if I am working closely on a project or involved task with a co-worker and everything seems to be going fine and then after work I hear that this co-worker is talking shit about me and what I am doing in regards to that project I am going be fucking pissed off, I am going to confront the person about it, and I will likely not show that person any respect ever again.

What I dont understand is why Obama lets these people treat him like dog shit and then criticizes them only in the most superficial, professional way. I get that hes the president and he cant just start yelling and screaming and cursing and I get that its important for him to remain calm and not over-react, but I feel like there is a line that Boehner, Cantor, and McConnell have crossed over the past 2 weeks in regards to their tone when speaking about this president. They give these press conferences that are just insane. They lie about the process, they lie about what they originally wanted, they lie about what Obama has or hasn't been offering and they just act like rude smug pieces of shit.

I cant understand how as a human being, not as a president, Obama is able to just sit back and say "oh come on guys, we gotta get it together, we gotta do this for the American people". Does he really not understand that we are so far past the point where logic has anything to do with whats going on? Republicans are willing to make us default even though they are being offered everything they originally wanted, that is fucking crazy. Thats not just a little ideological partisan difference its insanity.

This entire situation is far beyond politics, it has nothing to do with the debt, it has nothing to do with spending. Its personal. Republicans are engaged in a personal attempt to destroy Obama's presidency. Its incredibly obvious, yet Obama refuses to acknowledge it. I just dont understand how he could possibly think that Boehner is operating in good faith or that he respects him and wants to come to a fair agreement. I get that he thinks hes "post-partisan" and that engaging in any sort of ideological partisan argument is not positive, but the republican leadership is out there flat-out slandering you on a daily basis and then going into meetings with him and pretending like everything's fine.

The reason I say this is simply because of how personal and absurd Boehner has made this debate. Boehner is treating Obama like a chump and seems to be proud of it. It kills me that the president, supposedly the most powerful person in this country, can be so ridiculed and lied about by the opposition parties leader (who he deals with on a daily basis), but not seem to care. Just on a personal level, I would not be able to handle working with someone who is nice to my face and then talks mad shit about me to other people knowing that I'm gonna find out. I'm not saying I would quit or start a fight, but I would confront the dude, I would demand that he explain what the fuck he is doing and why he is acting like that. But Obama just doesn't seem to think that the republican leaderships attitude and behavior towards him matters when it very clearly does. Their personal dislike of the guy is dominating the debate and I dont think Obama can afford to ignore it anymore.
    The flippant answer is that the Republicans learned from the best: from how the Democrats treated President GW Bush.

The second answer is that Obama is just BARELY, if that civil to the Republicans. Liberals seem to place high regard on "you reap what you sow" Obama is now reaping the results of his arrogant "I won" remark and freezing Republicans out of anything to do with Obamacare.

And finally, Obama DOES NOT get a pass no matter how he acts. Republicans have the right and responsibility to represent their constituents and do what is best for the country, now matter what Obama wants.
    DFab420 (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Jul-26-11 07:00 PM
    Response to Original message
    4. Simple. Obama realizes the Office he holds is much more important

then his personal emotions.

He's the President of the United States of America.

He doesn't talk shit, he doesn't go on cable and point and go nah nah nah nah nah

He's the President.

He rises above the petty.
    ABd DFab420 is blind, dead and dumb if he/she believes that.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    he's had honor?
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    he's had honor?
    Not that I've seen. I've never questioned Obumbles honor. You can't question something that's never been there in the first place.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Not that I've seen. I've never questioned Obumbles honor. You can't question something that's never been there in the first place.
    yep
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    He's a Chicage street punk community organizer in way,way over his head and above his pay grade....It's the only way he knows how to act....Acorn trained ,Acorn mindset...He's not even a good politician just groomed by Saudi Arabian Islam to bring America down.....Obama Was Selected, Not Elected...by The Saudi's and groomed by anti Christian black liberation Minister Wright and The Nation of Islams leader Elijah Muhammad ..His Columbia and Harvard law school education paid for by Saudi Arabias Prince Alwaleed ...Prince Alwaleed also donates millions to Harvard for Islamic studies......No Wonder Obama bowed to the Saudi Royalty...They 'own' his ass....

O Blah Blah hasn't uttered many honest words since he arrived on scene. The words of truth he spoke prior to the idiots electing him were walked back or ignored. Words like "redistribution and fundamental reform." Other than that, he is a lying sack of crap that I would not invite into my house for a cup of coffee.
    The man has no honor or integrity. I don't associate with low life like him.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

He's getting as much respect and "honor" as was given to Bush 43 in the 8 years prior.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Since it's a closed door meeting, and Obama isn't saying anything, how does the DUmmie know the Republicans are lying?