Most women will admit to owning more make-up than they need. But for one woman, her passion for cosmetics has spiralled out of control into a 30-year obsession.

Jennifer Bourgoyne, 45, from San Jose, California, has so many products that surfaces of her dressing table are piled high with lipsticks, eyeshadows and face powders, while drawer beneath are so full, not one will close.

Speaking on Good Morning America today, she told how she spends hundreds of dollars on new products each month - whether they suit her or not.

The fashion designer and mother-of-three said: 'I realise I have a bit of a problem, but, you know, part of it is being a girl. You get to have fun.'

She admitted she had made plenty of mistakes, but couldn't resist a bargain. She said of one such purchase: 'That orange lipstick looked hideous on me - but it was $20!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz1TKlEcdzm

Over the last year or so I've been making a determined effort to use up my toiletries and make up which were in danger of becoming a mini-hoard, but my stash was positively minimalist compared to this.