1. #1 Man Who Posed as Texas Student Gets Three Years in Prison 
    ODESSA, TEXAS – A former star athlete who posed as a teenager to play high school basketball in West Texas was sentenced Wednesday to three years in prison after reaching a plea deal, a prosecutor said.

Guerdwich Montimere, 23, pleaded guilty to two counts of sexual assault and three counts of tampering with government records, said Ector County District Attorney Bobby Bland.

Officials say the naturalized U.S. citizen from Haiti had graduated from high school in Florida, where he also played basketball, years before he moved to Odessa and presented himself as a ninth-grader named Jerry Joseph.

Montimere was 21 and 22 when he played one season at Odessa Permian High, the same rabidly competitive school that inspired the book and movie "Friday Night Lights" about high school football. Montimere helped lead the Panthers to the 2010 state playoffs, but the team had to forfeit after his story unraveled.

Montimere was indicted last year on six felony charges, including sexual assault and tampering with government records. His trial was to begin next week in Odessa, and he had faced up to 20 years in prison if convicted on the original counts. The indictment accused him of identity theft. The sexual assault counts accused him of having sex with a 15-year-old girl.

Messages were left with a spokesman for Montimere's attorney Wednesday as well as with his mother, Manikisse Montimere.

Suspicions were raised about Joseph after coaches from Florida at a post-season amateur basketball tournament in Arkansas said they recognized him as Montimere, a 2007 graduate of a Fort Lauderdale, Fla., high school.

Because he was living with Odessa basketball coach Danny Wright and not a parent or guardian, Montimere had to apply to the University Interscholastic League in Austin to play high school basketball. A waiver was granted and he was the star of the team.

Wright, who still calls Montimere by the name Jerry, said he was livid once he learned Joseph wasn't who he said he was.

"I was blindsided," Wright said. "I never saw it coming. I just thought he was a big kid."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/27...est=latestnews
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

"I know he was doing all of it for himself to be better off," she said. "And that's fine. We all do that. ... I cannot say one bad thing about this kid."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/07/27...#ixzz1TOottcUj
    Which, of course, misses the point. The 22 year old man was not a kid; he just posed as one.
    Permian teachers, it seems, are not much different from teachers everywhere. They have bought in to the idea that winning in sports is the primary goal of high schools.

The Goomba in question didn't even pose as a senior - presumably because he couldn't pass senior courses. He went as a ninth grader!

I don't think the NBA is going to be much interested::)

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Which, of course, misses the point. The 22 year old man was not a kid; he just posed as one.
    Permian teachers, it seems, are not much different from teachers everywhere. They have bought in to the idea that winning in sports is the primary goal of high schools.

The Goomba in question didn't even pose as a senior - presumably because he couldn't pass senior courses. He went as a ninth grader!

I don't think the NBA is going to be much interested::)
    You do know that Goomba is an Italian saying, right? Meaning the same thing as brutha.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You do know that Goomba is an Italian saying, right? Meaning the same thing as brutha.
    Goomba same as brutha? Nah. Didn't know that. I thought Goomba was kind of a Dambass Schmuck. But, whatever, I was damn sure it wasn't a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Goomba same as brutha? Nah. Didn't know that. I thought Goomba was kind of a Dambass Schmuck. But, whatever, I was damn sure it wasn't a compliment.
    No, goomba is a term of endearment for Italians.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    No, goomba is a term of endearment for Italians.
    Yeah, you're right. I looked it up. I misspelled it, BTW. It's goombah.

So he ain't a goomah. He's a fuckin' idiot. There. I know what that means.:D

A 22 year old pretending to be 15. Just shoot him