Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    So what cause it to be warmer 400 years ago and back in 1850, Einstein? Wooden SUV's?*

* Attempt #2
    I don't understand the question. 400 years ago, Earth was in the middle of a cold period.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Ice_Age
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I don't understand the question. 400 years ago, Earth was in the middle of a cold period.

He has the wrong time frame, but I don't.

Explain the increase 1000 - 1100 years ago.

If man is the fault of global warming, then how did man cause this?
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

So are you prepared to admit that the earth CYCLES from cooling to warming or do you insist upon the Chicken Little AGW nonsense?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Night Owl has some unanswered questions here!
    Perhaps you should answer these Nightie.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

I am aware of that, but it was you that said:

The rate of warming is increasing. The 20th century's last two decades were the hottest in 400 years and possibly the warmest for several millennia, according to a number of climate studies. And the United Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) reports that 11 of the past 12 years are among the dozen warmest since 1850.
    So, I asked an obvious question: What caused that rate of increase and what caused 1850 to be so warm? Surely their cars wouldn't start during the "mini ice age" and John Deere was probably too focused on his steel plow line to get that diesel combine of of the drawing board.

Throw me a bone here, Bill Nye. I'm the boss, need the info.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    So are you prepared to admit that the earth CYCLES from cooling to warming or do you insist upon the Chicken Little AGW nonsense?
    It would be absurd to suggest that Earth hasn't gone through periods of cooling or warming brought on by natural forces but science can't account for the rate and level of warming Earth has seen in recent decades-- except by including human activities.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Hahaha!
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Sonnabend
    They can't account for it: translation- they don't know and so blame it on humans with no proof to back it up.

Bwahahahaha........:D

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    They can't account for it: translation- they don't know and so blame it on humans with no proof to back it up.

Bwahahahaha........:D
    Yep. That and they have boat payments. Politics is driving the AGW dog and pony show. The participating "scientists" are just doing what anyone would do. Agree and here's $XXXXXX.XX in grant money and tenure, disagree and here's $0.00 in grant money, no tenure, and "how long will you be staying with us, not counting tomorrow?".

It takes a brave and dedicated professional to resist a system that offers such choices. Sadly, the weak will always group together to defend themselves against a threat from the few who attack their dogma and gravy train.

In the history books the whole AGW thing is going to be to hard science what the Bernie Madoff thing was to serious, thoughtful, and balanced investing.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers