1. #1 Posse Comitatus ?: Military Cops Arrest Civilians in Florida City 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Who said that we're now a police state ?

Military Cops Arrest Civilians in Florida City... The Police State...

In Homestead, Florida, Posse Comitatus is dead. The Air Force now responds to civilian crime in the small city, population around 30,000.

Military “crime stoppers” violate Posse Comitatus in Florida. Photo from Homestead ARB website.“Here at Homestead Air Reserve Base we have the Crime Stop hotline that allows anyone either on base or off the installation to anonymously report a crime,” explains the Homestead Air Reserve Base website. “If you know of a crime that has been committed, if you see a crime in progress, or if you see a suspicious person, vehicle, or situation that makes you feel a crime may be occurring, call the Security Forces Crime Stop Hotline…”

On July 15, military police – known as Security Forces patrolmen – detained a criminal suspect at a Circle K in until Miami-Dade police arrived.

“Crime prevention is everyone’s responsibility, the better informed we are the safer we can make the installation and the surrounding community,” said t. Juan Lemus, Security Forces Police Services Chief.

Crime prevention off military bases is the responsibility of civilian police, not the military. In 1878, following Reconstruction, the Posse Comitatus Act was passed. It limited the powers of the federal government to use the military for law enforcement. The statute prohibits Army and Air Force personnel and units of the National Guard under federal authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within the United States, except where expressly authorized by the Constitution or Congress.

Infowars.com has reported numerous violations of Posse Comitatus since September 11, 2001.

In 2009, the National Guard provided “security” in Kingman, Arizona. The Coast Guard, under the Department of Homeland Security, is now exempt from the Act.

The military participated in a checkpoint along with Tennessee cops and Homeland Security in April of 2009. The governor and state representatives were not aware of the illegal collaboration when contacted by the Alex Jones Show.

In 2008, the Marine Corps Air and Ground Combat Center and the California Highway Patrol used the Christmas holiday as an excuse to collaborate on a drunk driving checkpoint in San Bernardino County.

http://www.infowars.com/busting-poss...-florida-city/
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-29-2011 at 10:35 AM.

If the crime involves military members living in off post housing the local PD can request that MP come to assist. Especially if the local PD decides to waive jurisdiction over the military member in question and let them go through military courts instead of civilian ones.

The MP's at Ft. Riley were called several times to come to Manhattan to break help up fights between soldiers and the K-State kids they were kicking the crap out of.

ETA I don't believe the Coasties were ever covered under the act since they were under the control of the Dept. Of Transportation prior to the creation of DHS.

If they had been covered under the Act...they'd have never been able to conduct all the drug interdiction missions in U.S. waters that they have.

The on'y time the come under the DoD control is in a time of war and then they are transferred to the Navy.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 07-29-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Talk about a total hack job done by that website. They don't have an agenda at all. Read through their website, they certainly have a bone to pick with the military. I love how they don't go into any details at all about these alleged violations.

Apparently the guy is a truther as well, saying the US Government aided McVeigh in the Oklahoma City bombing.
    Last edited by djones520; 07-29-2011 at 10:05 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Jacoby: Relationships Drive Northcom, NORAD Missions

As commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command, Jacoby would be responsible for homeland defense, military support to civil authorities for domestic emergencies, and aerospace warning and control for North America

Sounds like a Military Version to DHS to me........
    WASHINGTON, July 28, 2011 – The job of commanding the U.S. Northern Command and the North American Aerospace Defense Command will require building confidence and trust among the many partners involved in both missions, Army Lt. Gen. Charles H. Jacoby Jr. said today.

Jacoby, now director for strategic plans and policy for the Joint Staff, testified before the Senate Armed Services Committee here during a confirmation hearing for his nomination to receive his fourth star and become the next Northcom and NORAD commander.

If confirmed, Jacoby will succeed Navy Adm. James A. Winnefeld Jr., who is nominated to become the next vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.

“As I look across the portfolio of the Northcom commander, it consists of three groupings,” Jacoby told the senators. “Defense support for civil authorities in case of natural and manmade disasters, defense of the homeland, and security cooperation with our neighbors.”

In all those mission areas, he said, “complex relationships are the key to effectiveness.”

Building such partnerships ahead of a problem “will allow Northcom to play its critical supporting role in most of those activities,” the general said.

As commander of North American Aerospace Defense Command, Jacoby would be responsible for homeland defense, military support to civil authorities for domestic emergencies, and aerospace warning and control for North America. As commander of U.S. Northern Command, he would be responsible for the ground-based midcourse missile defense system, an element of the ballistic missile defense system that allows combatant commanders to engage and destroy limited intermediate- and long-range ballistic missiles.

“As a leader who has devoted much of his service life to combating threats outside of the United States,” Jacoby said, “I can think of no greater responsibility now than leading our military in defense of the homeland, while providing support to our citizens at the federal, state and local levels in times of their greatest needs.”

The general added, “I view the Northcom and NORAD missions simply as a sacred trust.”

The senators outlined challenges that Jacoby will face in his responsibilities to both missions. These include working with the Mexican military to help it defeat transnational criminal organizations that are causing high levels of violence in Mexico and that pose a threat within Mexico and to the security of the U.S. southern border.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/securi...728-afps01.htm

Dude...infowars? Really?
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    what the fuck do you expect from Alex Jones? The guy is a fucking hack
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    what the fuck do you expect from Alex Jones? The guy is a fucking hack
    And some of the comments on that article are as loony as we'd see at the DUmp.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf