Thread: Its Over!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Its Over!!! 
    Phillies trade 4 minor league prospects for Pence from Houston. WS is one step closer to philly :D

It's never over till it's over - Yogi Berra
    Go Yanks
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Dont be a hater now the phillies are doing what the spankies have done over the years, make trades and pay for talent. :D

WELCOME TO PENCEALVANIA :D

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Dont be a hater now the phillies are doing what the spankies have done over the years, make trades and pay for talent. :D

WELCOME TO PENCEALVANIA :D
    Yep...it's harder than it looks though. Last year with the Giants should be evidence enough. The Giants were on the hottest pitching the league had seen in like 80 years. I told you Philly homers not to take that lightly and got slammed for it. ;)

Maybe the Yanks got it right for about 7 years ....but those teams had few big "stars" and more chemistry. As the Phils and Yanks can see this decade, stars don't guarantee victory. Go ask the 1990s Braves teams, with arguably one of the greatest pitching rotations in history, what they think about having everything you want and how that tranlates into rings.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yep...it's harder than it looks though. Last year with the Giants should be evidence enough. The Giants were on the hottest pitching the league had seen in like 80 years. I told you Philly homers not to take that lightly and got slammed for it. ;)

Maybe the Yanks got it right for about 7 years ....but those teams had few big "stars" and more chemistry. As the Phils and Yanks can see this decade, stars don't guarantee victory. Go ask the 1990s Braves teams, with arguably one of the greatest pitching rotations in history, what they think about having everything you want and how that tranlates into rings.
    Why cant you let me enjoy this? :D

we have already matched what the braves done in the 11 years they topped the NL East, I know stars dont mean a automatic win but he sure doesnt hurt.;)

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

we have already matched what the braves done in the 11 years they topped the NL East, I know stars dont mean a automatic win but he sure doesnt hurt.;)
    It's like saying the Squeelers are going to make it back to the Super Bowl and win it after effectively getting crushed by the Packers
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Ok...enjoy it. :)

It's a great pick up....can't say I wouldn't want the same thing

I'm going to wait and see first because we don't know how this is going to affect Pence. Some trades work, others don't. The other thing is if this works out, it will be a boon to Howard who's had no one hitting behind him all season. When healthy, it's a lineup I wouldn't want to face.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I'm going to wait and see first because we don't know how this is going to affect Pence. Some trades work, others don't. The other thing is if this works out, it will be a boon to Howard who's had no one hitting behind him all season. When healthy, it's a lineup I wouldn't want to face.
    I agree with you on helping out that stiff howard, ever since werth left he's had no one to protect him.

I agree with you on helping out that stiff howard, ever since werth left he's had no one to protect him.
    Well, so far tonight, that "stiff" is 4-4 with a HR and 2 doubles.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy