1. #1 What exactly are the Republicans holding out for now? 
    link

Syrinx Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 06:53 AM
    Original message
    What exactly are the Republicans holding out for now?

I've lost track.

Haven't the Democrats met them more than all the way?

And they are still threatening the nation.

What's the sticking point now?

I've lost track.
    Ah yes, this from the party that HASN'T passed a budget, much less propossed one for the past two and a half years and HASN'T passed any bill related to raising the debt limit.

They think that that is "meeting them (Republicans) more than all the way"?
    SpiralHawk Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 06:56 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. Hate
    madokie Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 07:01 AM
    3. That black man in the white house is their stated problem

Racial equality hasn't reached down to their lair yet
    Pukies don't care about anything except power and money
    unblock (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 08:15 AM
    7. they've kinda boxed themselves in; the ONLY "victory" for them is default

there will be some ignorant extremists who will believe they capitulated no matter what the agreement ends up being unless they "show their resolve" by force obama to miss a payment on SOMETHING first.

i think they figure that no matter what obama does, obama loses. he has to pick some payment to not make, thereby pissing off some constituency. alternatively, he can try something controversial that would give republicans fodder for impeachment buzz (they won't actually impeach him, they just want the "scandal".)

then, shortly after they've shown their willingness to push the country into default, they will come to an agreement, most likely something very similar to the reid plan, but different enough that they can say they got "something extra" because of their "resolve".

they know obama won't miss a payment on social security or interest on treasuries and they think that a temporary delay on a few payments to the lower priority bills won't be a real problem for the government. it's true that this might not result in a downgrade or in noticeably higher interest rates, but you can be damn sure that all government contractor will factor this in to their next bid.

Their total cut off from reality never ceases to amaze me. These people have NO CLUE AT ALL with what is really going on.

For any lurkers, let me spell this out.

The Republicans have offered up several differant plans. The Democrats have offered up NONE. Everytime the Republicans present a fix action, the Democrats say NO. The Republicans are trying to get this situation fixed. The Democrats are playing politics.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Their total cut off from reality never ceases to amaze me. These people have NO CLUE AT ALL with what is really going on.

For any lurkers, let me spell this out.

The Republicans have offered up several differant plans. The Democrats have offered up NONE. Everytime the Republicans present a fix action, the Democrats say NO. The Republicans are trying to get this situation fixed. The Democrats are playing politics.
    didn't Reid just propose plan?

and i heard Obama proposed something, but the SENATE voted 97-0 to table it...
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    didn't Reid just propose plan?

and i heard Obama proposed something, but the SENATE voted 97-0 to table it...
    Not yet. Their still "working" on it.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

and i heard Obama proposed something,
    It's just all talk. He has put nothing in writing. Nothing that can be CBO (?) scored.