Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    I really don't have any "bad cop" stories. I have several "good cop" stories, for that matter.

When I see a story like this one (I also just saw it on the news about two hours ago) I look at it first from the point of view of police officers who do dangerous and oftentimes distastful work. I appreciate what they do.

Having said that, I also look at it from the perspective of citizens who have rights. This officer apparently has an issue with people who have concealed carry permits. He can believe as he wishes but the law is the law. Apparently Ohio has a requirement that conceal carry permit holders must inform an officer in a traffic stop that they are armed. The best way to do this is to hand the license and the permit to the officer at the same time if that is possible.

If this driver did something stupid in how he handled this requirement then that could understandably cause the officer to percieve a threat and take action. But the police officer apparently couldn't shut down that startle response and went on on on and he did it on camera.

I believe that this officer was way out of line in the nature and tone of his comments toward this driver. I also saw in the news report tonight that this same officer was involved in another incident of a similar naure about a year ago where he threatened to shoot someone he had pulled over at a traffic stop while they were seated in the back of his car.

Vidoe with audio in both cases. He is currently on paid administrative leave according to the news story tonight. He doesn't need to be on the street with a badge and a gun if he can't control his temper.

Crap. I posted this in the wrong thread. I was trying to post in the one about the police officer in Ohio who was videotaped on his car's dash cam or whatever it's called. I haven't seen anything on this story.

Sorry. :o
    Last edited by Bubba Dawg; 07-31-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Here is a list of positive law enforcement threads you have started.
    If I have missed any please feel free to add.
    Um, this is a political forum. Also, I don't scour the interwebs in search of, well, anything. And lastly, you seem to have entirely missed the point. But then again, that's your M.O.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, this is a political forum. Also, I don't scour the interwebs in search of, well, anything. And lastly, you seem to have entirely missed the point. But then again, that's your M.O.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You know, just once I'd like to see a positive law enforcement thread on these boards.
    Um, this is a political forum. Also, I don't scour the interwebs in search of, well, anything.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    He seems to have answered his own post!:D
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg