Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama’s flimsy resume gives nation liberal cause for alarm 
    Obama’s flimsy resume gives nation liberal cause for alarm
    By Jim Wooten | Friday, June 6, 2008, 08:38 PM

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Oh goodness, what have we done?

Democrats desperate to regain the White House, and thus eliminate any obstacle to precipitous flight from the reality that there are, indeed, evil people who wish and will try to kill us, and from the reality that free and functioning markets, and not bureaucrats, distribute wealth, now find themselves with a standard-bearer. My goodness, what have we done?

He’s a charming fellow, no doubt. Charming and most liberal — the most liberal member of the U.S. Senate, according to the National Journal. He has come this far, defeating the political machine once thought invincible, the second phase of the Clinton Dynasty, on the promise of change and the vague suggestion that he alone is the messiah who can move America beyond partisanship. On those promises, the young flock to him, enraptured by the rhetoric and his relative youth.

The reality is, of course, that not a one of his admirers can point to a single thing in Barack Obama’s past, and especially in his brief two years in the U.S. Senate, that supports the supposition that he’s anything other than the kind of politician the nation has repeatedly rejected when offered up by national Democrats — George McGovern, Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, Al Gore.

He’s a doctrinaire liberal who, like that wing of the Democratic Party, voted to deny both Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito a place on the U.S. Supreme Court despite their exceptional, undisputed qualifications. He’s a doctrinaire liberal who would lead his party in quick retreat from Iraq and who would offer the nation a round of tax increases that would either destroy the incentive to work or create a new industry in tax avoidance.

Quick, send this to eyelids, I've been attempting to tell him this same thing. Even the DUmmycRATS are going to face the day they wake up to President Barack Hussein Obama (errrppp, I just threw up in my mouth) and say Oh ****, what the **** have we done? :eek:

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perilloux View Post

The reality is, of course, that not a one of his admirers can point to a single thing in Barack Obama’s past, and especially in his brief two years in the U.S. Senate, that supports the supposition that he’s anything other than the kind of politician the nation has repeatedly rejected when offered up by national Democrats — George McGovern, Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, Al Gore.
    H.

Gotta say that Obama is WORSE than George McGovern, Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, Al Gore. At least those guys had actual resumes. Obama's like the guy who wants a job in management because he "founded and implemented" a lemonade stand in front of his house.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 06-08-2008 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Quick, send this to eyelids, I've been attempting to tell him this same thing. Even the DUmmycRATS are going to face the day they wake up to President Barack Hussein Obama (errrppp, I just threw up in my mouth) and say Oh ****, what the **** have we done? :eek:
    I've no doubt, if BO is elected (:puke:) it will be Jimmy Carter 2.0.

Scarier than that, there's no Reagan to restore this country once BO destroys it.

:(

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Gotta say that Obama is WORSE than George McGovern, Michael Dukakis, John Kerry, Al Gore. At least those guys had actual resumes. Obama's like the guy who wants a job in management because he "founded and implemented" a lemonade stand in front of his house.

:D

OK, that made me LOL!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Perilloux View Post
    I've no doubt, if BO is elected (:puke:) it will be Jimmy Carter 2.0.

Scarier than that, there's no Reagan to restore this country once BO destroys it.

:(
    It be will worse. Carter at least had some experience. Obama's done voter registration and called it "community organizing," was an uneventful part time member of the Illinois state senate and was an even more uneventful member of the US Senate for all of two years when he ran. It's like the paper boy running for publisher of the New York Times.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Old Eyeball's head is set in liberal concrete and nothing will ever enlighten him .He will ride on the liberal buss all of the days of his existence .

Eyelids
    Voting against Alito is good enough for me.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Voting against Alito is good enough for me.
    Apparently you have something against justices who actually uphold the Constitution, instead of imposing their own views.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Apparently you have something against justices who actually uphold the Constitution, instead of imposing their own views.
    He can't help it, he's a dumbass...er, liberal.