1. #1 Tough Love Endoscopy 
    Things are a bit less comfy down here in sunny Florida. This is my 6th colonoscopy and/or endoscopy. The previous ones were in hospitals in St Louis. They were typical hospital settings.

Today's festivities were at an endoscopy center. It reminded me of a strip mall, an old strip mall. The furnishings in the waiting room were sparse and the decor very dated. That should have tipped me off of what was to come.

They had me hop up myself on a stretcher and change clothes while sitting on the stretcher. They took me into a very small room, not the big surgical suite that I was accustomed to. They didn't transfer me to any kind of operating table, just stayed on the gurney.

I came out OK, or at least think it's alright. But the after care was kind of surprising. I stayed on the same stretcher, didn't keep me there long. Previously, after waking up the nurses would guide the patients to a nice recliner, so you wouldn't be laying flat. They would give you more time to wake up, offer juice and a cookie, then give more time. When they thought you were ok, the female nurse would help getting dressed in case you were still unsteady on your feet.

Here in primitive Sarasota, they had me hop off the stretcher (I almost fell), sit on an uncomfortable chair, and handed me the clothes. It was a do it yourself project. Within less than 45 minutes of starting the procedure, they had me walk out, no wheelchair, no assistance. I felt like I was going to faint.

I'm surprised they didn't have me do my own endoscopy and stick it down my throat and then up the rear myself. Oh, well, it's Florida, what can I say?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    She was really pissed about the cookie!!!:eek::D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    She was really pissed about the cookie!!!:eek::D
    YOU seem to be enjoying this a little too much. Revenge for the turkey bacon? ;)

Hope you feel better, SLW.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    YOU seem to be enjoying this a little too much. Revenge for the turkey bacon? ;)

Hope you feel better, SLW.
    Exactly. :D

Thanks, feeling better to be out of there. The doc said that he's sure the polyps were benign and had greyt news. Two gastroenterologists in St Louis gave me contradictory reports (please forgive any spelling errors, still under the influence of the anesthetic). One said I had Barrett's esophagus (which can lead to esophageal cancer) and one said that I didn't.

This doc said they have newer more accurate instruments. He said that I don't have it.

I liked the new doc, just will never go back to that stupid endoscopy center again. I hope they have good insurance. I was worried when I saw this poor guy stumble into the waiting room after his procedures. :eek:

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"

GO ROYALS NOW

Banned
    The main thing is that the tests were negative even though you did not get Cadillac service there. Hope you are feeling better.

They have not yet found a big enough dude to hold me down while someone shoves a fiber optic hose up my rectum.

...........um...C..Cookies, you say?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Things are a bit less comfy down here in sunny Florida. This is my 6th colonoscopy and/or endoscopy. The previous ones were in hospitals in St Louis. They were typical hospital settings.

Today's festivities were at an endoscopy center. It reminded me of a strip mall, an old strip mall. The furnishings in the waiting room were sparse and the decor very dated. That should have tipped me off of what was to come.

They had me hop up myself on a stretcher and change clothes while sitting on the stretcher. They took me into a very small room, not the big surgical suite that I was accustomed to. They didn't transfer me to any kind of operating table, just stayed on the gurney.

I came out OK, or at least think it's alright. But the after care was kind of surprising. I stayed on the same stretcher, didn't keep me there long. Previously, after waking up the nurses would guide the patients to a nice recliner, so you wouldn't be laying flat. They would give you more time to wake up, offer juice and a cookie, then give more time. When they thought you were ok, the female nurse would help getting dressed in case you were still unsteady on your feet.

Here in primitive Sarasota, they had me hop off the stretcher (I almost fell), sit on an uncomfortable chair, and handed me the clothes. It was a do it yourself project. Within less than 45 minutes of starting the procedure, they had me walk out, no wheelchair, no assistance. I felt like I was going to faint.

I'm surprised they didn't have me do my own endoscopy and stick it down my throat and then up the rear myself. Oh, well, it's Florida, what can I say?
    I go to one of those centers to. but its really nice in there. after I wake up i go confer with the GI guy and he tells me what he found. also they require someone drive you there and back home. or the test is cancelled.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    They have not yet found a big enough dude to hold me down while someone shoves a fiber optic hose up my rectum.

...........um...C..Cookies, you say?
    There weren't even cookies. :mad: I did get a berry flavored drink, though.

They waited a long time to put me out. I guess they laughed when I asked them "You are going to put me out, right?" :D

I don't remember anything else til I woke up.

"

GO ROYALS NOW

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post
    I go to one of those centers to. but its really nice in there. after I wake up i go confer with the GI guy and he tells me what he found. also they require someone drive you there and back home. or the test is cancelled.
    My neighbors drove us there. SR waited with me while I was on the stretcher thingy until they came to get me. He still can't drive. It has to be getting frustrating for him, the no-driving thing, but is getting to be one heck of a backseat driver.

"

GO ROYALS NOW